Chapter IX

Disclaimer:  - check first chapter –

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

IX.

KIANDRA WAS STILL PRETTY MUCH SHAKEN by the discovery that someone from her past wanted her dead.  After her impromptu confession – with Ella’s help – Kiandra remained in a catatonic state for the rest of the day.  Ella was able to supply the men the story of what happened the night before since she was fully aware of what she and Kiandra were running away from when they were trapped in that parallel world they were taken to.

        “Kiandra and I were aware the entire time,” Ella was explaining after Dominic took Kiandra to one of the guest rooms at the Manor to rest.

        Since none of them wanted to leave Kiandra alone in case she decided to do something once she was out of her catatonic state, they all convened on the second floor bonus room that served as a private living room area for the Valpredas whenever they were entertaining.  It was close enough to the guest room Dominic put Kiandra in as well.

        “Why was Kiandra sucked in with you into that parallel world and Stefan wasn’t?” Sam asked who was seated across from Ella.

        “I’m not sure, but now that Kiandra explained that whoever did this was after her, it only makes sense that sucking Kiandra in to that world with me was the main intent,” she explained looking at the four men surrounding her.  “Didn’t she say that all those victims were people she knew or crossed paths with at one point or another?”

        “Yeah, so?” Dominic pouted.

        Ella made a face at him. “Whoever is after her only attacks the people she has been in contact with.”

        “Okay, I get that, but why you?” Alex questioned.

        “What do you mean?” Ella frowned.

        “We all crossed paths with Kiandra and are in constant company with each other.  Anyone one of us could’ve had that soul ejection thing done to us,” he pointed out.

        “Because Ella’s the most vulnerable out of all of you,” came Kiandra’s explanation.

        Everyone turned their heads as one to the direction Kiandra’s voice came from.  Alex and Dominic were on their feet at once and went towards her, but Dominic beat the hunter on reaching her.

        “What are you doing up?  You’re supposed to be resting,” Dominic scolded.

        Kiandra cocked an eyebrow.  “Why are you fathering me?”

        Dominic made a face.  Alex guffawed while Stefan, Sam and Ella hid their amused chortles.

        “I am not,” Dominic denied.

        “Yes you are,” Kiandra insisted.  “I know I wasn’t myself earlier, but that was just me processing the shock,” she explained.

        “And have you processed it already?” asked Ella.

        “Any chance of a shock-relapse?” Stefan asked good-naturedly.

        Kiandra turned to address the rest of the occupants of the room.  “Yes and no,” she answered respectively, looking from Ella then to Stefan. “I can’t afford to be out of commission, especially when I know who is after me.”

        “Wait, now that we know who is after you and he obviously knows where you are staying, shouldn’t we worry about protecting the manor from future break-ins?” Ella asked worriedly.