CHAPTER 8 - INTERVIEW PART 2

Start from the beginning

"A weakness that I think she has might be that she can be too independent. I really want her to enjoy life as a youngster while it lasts." I looked at dad and he smiled at me.

"But honestly, I don't know if that's a weakness or my selfish desires. I can't really say that she has a weakness." He finished off. I smiled at him.

"As for Anya, she has a deep and passionate curiosity. She likes to always stick her nose into everything that might be a weakness also. 

And perhaps, I also find her wise beyond her years." I saw Anya-chan look at the Housemaster shocked but shrugged it off.

Dad smiled. "Sometimes, I think she's reading my mind." Anya-chan whipped her head in dad's direction. I thought she would get whiplash.

"As for a weakness, she's really picky." Dad finished off. 

"Hm. What about you, Mrs. Forger? How would you describe your parenting style with them?" A man asked. -Just like we practiced.-

"As you know, I am not their real mother. I originally thought of spoiling them to win them over but I learn to be strict with them, for their future. I had to remember that." Mom said.

"Mr. Forger mentioned that your youngest is a picky eater, what meals do you cook at home?" A man asked. 

Mom flinched. "C-cook? Meals? W-well..." Dad stepped in.

"You see, I do the cooking. And when I say that (F/N) likes to help around the house, she likes to cook too. Of course, my wife likes to help out when both of us are busy." Dad explained.

The fat dude with a mustache spoke up this time.

"Are you kidding? A wife that doesn't cook and makes their child cook? You need to set a better example for your daughters." He insulted mom.

I irked at his words. (I hate this dude with every fiber in my body. Misogynistic ass-) Mom looked down in shame. I was about to speak when dad shook his head and spoke instead.

"We all have strengths and weaknesses. My wife is very organized and keeps the house clean. She does a wonderful job with our daughters." Dad said.

The man looked at dad in the eyes. "Ya but a wife should know how to cook. That's the standard." -A standard that is bs.-

I kept myself from rolling my eyes. "And who are you too..." Mom cut him off. "Loid, it's fine." She said.

The dude from before spoke up now. "Well then, why don't we hear from your eldest daughter for a little." I straighten myself up.

All the attention was shifted onto me. "Can I please get your name?" He asked. I smiled.

"My name is Forger (F/N), sir." I answered. "Your father says you like to help around the house and outside the house, what do you like to do?" He asked.

"I like to help my parents with cooking, dishes, laundry, and cleaning up the house." I took a breath.

"When I'm out of the house, I like to help anyone I see that is in a difficult situation and assist them. No matter who they are because you deserve to be treated like a human being." I answered.

Everyone in the room smiled, heck, I liked my answer. "Again your father said your weakness is being too independent, what do you think?" He asked.

I thought about my answer before talking. 

"I think it's not a selfish desire. I even think that I am too independent at times. I enjoy doing things by myself but sometimes it can get lonely. 

I respect that my parents are doing everything in their power for me and I'm very thankful for that. It's just that sometimes, I think that I am a burden to them." I said.