Chapter nine

Liam's hug was warm and comforting and it smelled so darn nice. I wanted to stay there forever. I felt my emotions come out all at once. The ones I have been suppressing for years. Whenever someone heard my story, they would quickly tell how such a terrible thing could happen to a young girl and so on but it seemed like all I needed was just this one hug. When I was diagnosed with Schizoid personality disorder, my psychiatrist said that it was a way I was coping with the trauma I had experienced. Being emotionless enabled me to not be able to go through what I had gone through. For me who was seeking revenge, it was a blessing in disguise but as the years went by I started envying those who would laugh at what was funny and cry when they were hurt. And all these came to the surface with just one hug from Liam.

After about two hours of crying, I got up. "Am sorry about your shirt. It seems like I just needed to let all of that out." I said to Liam completely embarrassed. Crying was not my thing and I had always hated those girls that cried but today those girls were me. But as I was thinking of all these I realized that that was not Liam's focus. "Hey," said Liam "What?" "Your eyes are swollen. Will they be fine tomorrow?" Liam said this while touching my swollen eyes and I immediately flinched. "Sorry." Liam said "No it's not that. It's... just that every time you are involved, I feel something strange but at the same time like the strange feeling. I am sorry if it does not make sense because I also don't get it." "No no no it's fine I get it and I also feel the same with you since that day at the cafeteria," Liam said. I looked deep inside Liam's eyes to find out the truth but instead, I found myself drowning in them and we seemed to slowly lean in closer to each other and I felt his lips on mine. This was different from that of the cafeteria. It was even much more powerful like a shock of electricity but at the same time felt incredible.

"So guys where did you disappear last night?" Jake asked "Yeah we looked for you. We wanted to have one more last drink before the party and you guys were nowhere to be found" Max added. "What do you mean they disappear?" Sharon said as they joined us at the lunch table. I looked at Liam hoping to clear this up as soon as possible. It's not that I didn't want them to know about Liam and me, I just was not yet ready because what I had with Liam was something new, and saying it loud may make me lose it which scared me. "Yes Blue, where were we yesterday?" Liam said throwing me under the bus all on my own. "Come on Liam I thought we were together on this. You cannot leave me to answer on my own." I told him. "Well blame this on yourself. Yesterday Blue and me we ki..." I quickly covered his mouth "Hold on Blue, he was just about to say something that you didn't want to say and you gave him permission." Max said. "Yeah let the guy say what he was going to say." The others said "Fine! You guys win. We kissed." I told them and quickly covered my ears because Pretty would make them bleed. "Whaaat!" Pretty screamed. Told you. "Seriously Pretty, we also wanted to do that but you just had to cover all of us up." Said Sharon. "So tell us the details, was he a good kisser as the rumor says, and was that where you guys stopped, and if not what exactly happened?" "Hey Pretty slow down and am not answering any of those questions. If you want to know find out yourself." I told her "Really, you are permitting me. Liam come here." She said turning to Liam. "You've got to be kidding me Blue." Liam said "No am not. You have yet to ask me out so officially am still single." "Man how can you not. Blue will you go out with me?" Jake said to me. "Fine! Stop it all of you. You want, me to officially ask you out then you'll get what you want. He got up on the table and then shouted, "Everyone I need your attention right now." "He can't be serious." I said "Oh his serious." Max said, "I am going to ask someone out and I need your support, is that okay?" Liam said "Yes!" the whole cafeteria shouted. Liam got down from the table, came to my side of the sat, and knelt, "Blue, ever since the day I laid my eyes on you, I knew you were the one. The one who will stand by my side, fight for me and support me no matter what. If you feel the same which btw I know I am, will you please be my girlfriend?" the whole place became quiet just so they would hear my answer. For just a moment a very small moment I felt like playing with his pride but looking at him I felt happy, loved which I had not felt for so long even from my parents who had tried their best for me. "Yes, I will be your girlfriend." With just this statement the whole cafeteria burst with screams of people. It took almost all the teachers to calm the situation down that day and us forgetting that Merab was absent that day.