Chapter eight

"Hey Blue, do you want to join us on a trip to the beach on Saturday?" Merab asked me. "Of course. Why would I pass on that? I need some time to relax. It's been a very stressful week for me." I answered her. "Why?" she asked. "It was something personal and family." "Okay." "Blue Blue Blue..." Pretty shouted as she approached us. "I can hear you just fine you don't have to scream," I told her. "Sorry am just excited about the weekend. Did you hear?" she said. "Yeah. Merab just asked me." "Oh come on Merab we agreed that I'll be the one to ask her." "Did we really, did we?" Merab asked her. "You're no fun." Pretty said.

With the exams on the way, the week went by pretty fast and I had not even realized it. "Yes?" I said answering my phone that had been vibrating for some time. "We are having a meeting tonight for the mission next week at exactly 9 pm," Naomi said and immediately hung up. She has no respect for anyone except her husband but the guy is also scared of her sometimes especially when she is angry. "Who was that? You seem like you would kill them if they were here." Merab said coming from behind me. "My aunt. She just informed me that we are having visitors tonight and I need to do the shopping." I answered her. Man the way these excuses just keep coming, it's like my mind has prepared them for me. I have never been caught in any yet but as they say that a thief has 40 days, and it seemed like this was my 41st day. "I can help you." Merab said "What!" I replied shocked. "You said you needed to do the shopping for your visitors, I can help you." She answered. Well, it seems like we are doing shopping today.

"Why are you late?" Liam asked, "I had to shop for visitors coming to my house this evening." I answered him "What?" Jake asked confused. "I don't want to talk about it." And that's how our evening started.

"So when are we doing the mission cause exams are starting next week for us?" Max asked. "Today is Wednesday, so let's do it on Friday night so that you guys can have a rest on Saturday," Naomi told us.

"What are you doing up here?" I heard Liam asking. "This is my thinking place," I answered him. "What do you also have to think? Your parents have everything and if you asked for anything they would move mountains to get them for you." "Yeah that's true but those cannot be the only problems on earth. Other things make people worry." "BTW I've always wanted to ask you this," Liam said turning to look at me. "How did someone like you come to work in a place like this?" This was the first time someone had boldly asked me this question and it just seemed like the headquarters was always home and I had even forgotten what exactly brought me here. "It's been long that I almost forgot about it. Growing up I always had everything but my parents. They were always on business trips, volunteering gatherings, and so on. As a child, I thought that it was the truth till that dreadful night." "If you can't talk about it you don't need to," Liam said. "I have already told you what no one has ever heard ill just tell you all," I told him. "Okay, but take your time." "My parents tended to leave me with my uncle and aunt. As they continued with their work, it seemed like they had annoyed a certain group of people whom they were not supposed to mess with. That day they raided the house, killed my uncle and aunt while I watched, then they took me and rapped me as they recorded it and sent it to my parents. They almost did even kill me but my parents came in time to rescue me. After that day first I wanted to kill myself but then I thought about it, I was not at fault so why would I kill myself. That's when I first met Naomi. She was working at that hospital undercover as a nurse and she was the one who introduced me to this and even told me what my parents exactly did. I decided to train to be able to avenge myself." "But as they say that hatred can consume one it did and I realized it late and it cost me a lot." "Come here," Liam said while reaching out to hug me.