05

B. I. T. C. H

DOMINIQUE

It was another night at the club. I had just finished a lap dance when I saw my cousin walk in. I can't believe she actually brought her here. She was hooked onto Milani like a ship to an anchor. 

I guess what made me mad (and kind of jealous) was the fact that my little cousin didn't have to do this.

She's choosing to.

She has scholarships. She got into a good school. She's about to graduate college next year already. 

So why?

I made a face and couldn't stop myself from storming over to the pair. I grabbed onto her arm like a bear trap. I looked Milani up and down and she did the same to me.

"I need to talk to her real quick. Come on Sun Lee."I pulled her away and sat her down on the bench next to me. 

"What's wrong Dom?"Sun Lee asked dumbfounded. I eventually let go of her hand.

"What's wrong? Sun what happened to college? Aren't you in school? Aren't you about to GRADUATE?"She made a face but could see a hint of regret on her face. She knew she loved me dearly and valued my advice.

"I can make good money here, Dom. And you work here, what's so bad about it?"She shrugged changing the subject. She was grown but dumb and I worried about her hanging around Milani.

"I'm here cause I have to be. You don't have to do this. What about that Track and Field scholarship? What's going on??"I asked sincerely. She turned away embarrassed.

"Dom I—."

"EVERYBODY OUT! THE COPS ARE HERE!"A dancer ran in screaming.

"Shit."I groaned and quickly grabbed my important things off the vanity counter and stuffed them into my lilac duffel bag.

"Fuck! Come on Dom let's go!"Sun Lee shouted from the back exit. Holding the door open for me. But I was busy searching my bag like my life depended on it.

"Dom come on!"She screamed.

"I can't find my money bag!"I exclaimed.

 I had a bag, like all dancers did, that I kept in a secret pocket of my duffle filled with all the money I made each shift that I'd take home at the end of the night. There were thousands of dollars in there.

I couldn't just leave it.

"DOMINIQUE!"She tried to pull me. Stumbling on her high heels.

"No! I'll find it! Go without me! Go!"I shoved her off. She looked at me like a kid leaving their mom for school for the first time. She tried to grab me once again.

"But Dom what if they—?!"

"—Go!"I shoved her chest hoping she would leave before the police eventually burst into the room. She looked back for only a second before quickly sprinting out the back door as fast as she could in heels. As soon as the back door shut a group of cops bust into the room. 

BOOM!

I gasped and threw my hands up.

"Keep your hands up! We're searching the whole place!"They shouted pointing their guns.

I stayed still and kept my hands up. I tried to ignore their stares, after all, I was half-naked. 

At least Sun Lee made it out.