(Y/N) scoffs, shrugging "so what? Is it like a family thing?" she turns to where her legs dangle off the side of the bed, and Jacob puts his hands together bringing them up to his nose. "No, but right now that's honestly not what I'm worried about." she leans on her left shoulder.

Jacob sits down next to her, "those sutures can be taken out in the next ten days. Or more if you move too much." he says gently, his voice not completely relaxed seeing as he's sitting next to someone he met a few days prior. said "someone" not feeling very welcomed just yet.

The woman looks away from Jacob and down at her deep wound. She runs her hands over it, the ridges of each stitch still being able to be felt through her shirt. Her pain tolerance was relatively high so the sensitivity of it never bothered her. She looked down at her feet, Jacob's in the corner of her eye.

She thought nothing of the blonde man, maybe a bit of thought related to his handsomeness or his eyes. She couldn't help but stare into his eyes, forgetting each witty comment after another. She found them to be mysterious and yet so...alluring? Yes, that's the right word. Being the first pair of eyes she's laid her eyes on, they really were a wakeup call.

Her eyes trailed back up to Jacob's face, and he was looking at the ground. She somewhat wondered what he was thinking of all this and yet didn't care for a smidge of it. She then went into her own thoughts for a moment. Fearing the future and the deep forgotten past.

Jacob on the other hand was mostly thinking of how to make her relax, and be less hostile to him. Of course, that wouldn't be much of a problem and he could deal with it if the stranger would be staying a few days up to about two weeks maybe, but she's staying for more than a month.

He's mostly stressed about Maisie's reaction to the situation. She acts calm but is obviously just as distressed as he is. Jacob looks up at the door, continuing his running thought process. He's worried about everything and nothing. At least until the silence seeps into his skulls.

Jacob places a hand on his throat before he speaks. "S-so do you have any idea what happened before you washed up here? Anything." he says without looking at the expressionless (Y/N). She snaps out of her thoughts and looks at him. Then back to the floor.

A sharp pain causes (Y/N) to groan uncomfortably. Jacob turns to her quickly. She shakes her head and then nods to Jacob. "Well, I remember seeing red, a lot of red, then water too. Then I remember feeling you suturing me, and yes I woke up when you were doing that..." Jacob smirked with a scoff, nodding.

"But then I remember waking up, cold and with some blue thing on me...I remember some things, but not enough to connect the dots." she purses her lips tightly. Raising her eyebrows as she twiddled her thumbs. Jacob sighed and stood up. He quickly looks around the room before opening his closet and pulling out a crutch of sorts.

He rests it by the bed, "if you ever want to walk again." he says as he walks to the door. (Y/N) sits there for a moment, and then takes a deep breath, "Jacob wait," Jacob opens the door and stops. (Y/N) fidgeted on the bed for a moment. "Thank you, for everything you've done, and allowing me to stay," she said. Trailing off into her own thoughts.

Jacob glances back at her, and smiles softly "anytime." he says as he leaves. Shutting the door behind him. He walks back to the table and realizes that Maisie's vanished with Blue in her place. Jacob sighs as he turns around to find Maisie right behind him.

Maisie looks up at him with her usual big bright eyes. "So, was she nice?" she asked him. Jacob shrugs "as nice as a person can be in her situation."  He says as he heads for the door. Maisie holds a mischievous smile on her face as she follows him.

"What," Jacob says, noticing her grin. Maisie shakes her head "nothing." The two are silent for a moment as Jacob opens the door. Maisie can't help but spill the beans. "What if the fates sent her here?" Jacob closes the door quickly as he looks back at Maisie.

Maisie bashfully looks down and then back up at Jacob "don't look at me like that! You've thought about it too!" She says. Jacob groans, "no. I haven't." He turns the doorknob. Maisie rolls her eyes, putting her hands on her hips. "I've watched you two talk, and may I say she really likes your eyes, she never stops staring at them!" She says in a mocking tone.

Jacob stares at Maisie with furrowed eyebrows "ain't you say she was faking earlier? What's with the change of heart?" Jacob says, his hands emphasizing his point. Maisie simply raises an eyebrow, indicating she doesn't really know.

Jacob grunts as he opens the door. "I'm getting more food, make sure to stay inside," he says as he leaves. Maisie goes to do her own thing. He shuts the door and puts a hand on his head "why doesn't she make any sense?" he says before he continues walking.

֎֍֎֍