9

I rubbed my eyes, still sat on the bench, I needed to sort out my life, but how? Where is a thirteen year old meant to live on her own in London? Then it dawned. If I was going to live on my own and cope for myself then I couldn't be myself any more. I'd have to change my identity, I had to be at least sixteen, then I could buy a flat with mum and dad's bank money.
I walked up to a cash point and inserted mum's card, I tapped show amount and £20,890 flashed up on the screen, I smiled, I never knew mum had that much money. I withdrew £50 and took the card out before pushing dad's card in.
£500,000.
£500,000!
500,000 flipping pounds! I never knew he was so successful! I withdrew another £50. Yep that should last me a while. I wandered around looking for something to do. I looked in through the doors of dad's bank and absentmindedly walked inside. "Hello, can I help you?" Said a tall bank woman, I shook my head. Looking around I spotted a photo of dad on the wall. I looked at the coffee table in the middle of the consulting room, I saw a newspaper. On the front page was another picture of dad holding a shiny plaque with his name on it.
Then I spotted the plaque on the wall, it read;
Andrew Hill
Employee of the year
London's most successful accountant.
He's practically famous! I closed my eyes as a tear rolled down my cheek, I was so proud, I can't believe I never knew. "Are you okay?" The bank woman looked concerned. I nodded and left the bank.