Chapter 1: The Wish is Made

After a fierce battle with Captain Ginyu, Son Goku is left badly injured, incapable of moving his body, he's aided by Vegeta who carries him aboard Frieza's ship and places him inside a healing tank, the tank is filled with special fluids that will slowly heal Goku, his strength will be needed against Frieza.

The Prince lends Krillin and Gohan some Saiyan armor and orders Krillin to go fetch Dende so that he can summon the Dragon then he charges Gohan to wake him up when Krillin returns with Dende, he's exhausted and needs to recover his strength, he falls asleep moments after seating next to Goku's healing pod.

Meanwhile, Nail who's serving as a punching bag to distract Frieza reveals to him that their fight was nothing but a diversion and that by now the earthlings had already made their wish, this was a foolish mistake on his part, and an enraged Frieza races towards the earthlings leaving Nail to his fate.

Krillin returns with Dende and sees the Prince sound asleep,
He looks at Gohan and winks, Gohan understands, he turns and stares at Vegeta one last time before quietly flying toward Krillin.
"Are you sure this is a good idea Krillin? what if Vegeta wakes up?"
He whispers to his bald friend.

Krillin glanced at Vegeta to be sure he was still asleep before replying.
"it's best to make the wish without Vegeta, after all, he's evil and whatever he's gonna wish for won't be good, if we're quick enough, it'll be too late when he wakes up."

Gohan nods and they both fly away.

When they arrive at an island and It doesn't take a moment for Dende to summon the enormous Dragon, the sky darkens as the Dragon manifests its form.

"I am the Dragon Porunga, I will grant you three wishes if it's within my power."
The Dragon declared with a loud voice.

"He's even bigger than Shenron!"
A terrified Krillin remarked.

Dende tries to wish Piccolo, Yamcha, Chiaotzu, and Tien back to life, but Porunga informs them that only one person can be brought back to life at a time, this creates a dilemma, Gohan and Krillin think about alternatives to wish everyone back at once.

Piccolo through King Kai's telepathy, tells Gohan to wish him back first, he reasons that if he's wished back to life, Kami will be alive as well and by extension that will bring back the Earth's dragon balls, they'd be able to resurrect their friends with a single wish, then he tells them to use the Second wish and transport him over to Namek so he can fight Frieza and avenge his slain brothers.