2

I smiled wide as I watched the man enter the room. It only took meeting four other people. He walked in and sat down straight away. "You're a hard man to meet," I smiled. He looked at me close, reading me.

"Did you see her body language change?" JJ asked. The group hummed in unison. "She really did just want to see Spencer," Morgan replied.

"Why did you want to see me Alexandra?" He asked me. Even his voice was sexy, close up he was even more appealing. "You can call me Alex," I replied. "No one else could call you Alex?" He quickly responded. "No one else is you, pretty boy," I replied and I could swear I saw a blush creep on his face, never the less he kept eye contact. "I'm Doctor Spencer Reid, and I believe we have a file to look over," he got straight to work. I smiled, "we do," I answered. He looked almost shocked that I'd kept my word. He opened the file but I remained looking at him. "Do these look familiar?" He asked me, waiting for a response. I stayed silent and he let out a sigh. "I'm just kidding with you Doctor," I replied. "I've never seen them before," I answered honestly. "So they don't look familiar?" He asked again. "They do," I responded and he looked up at me. "The way they've been killed, it's the same way Leighanne was," I answered.

That's why I was in this place. My best friend Leighanne was murdered when I was nineteen. On my nineteen birthday, she was taken away from us.

"How is your MO being matched on the outside Alex?" He used my nickname and it made my palms hot, my whole body hot. "My MO?" I asked. "How do these women match the way you killed Leighanne, when you're in here?" He asked again. I narrowed my eyes. "I don't know," I answered. "You've been in prison for three years," he told me. "Oh has it been that long?" I faked a gasp. "Real cute Alex," he replied, his tone was sarcastic but it still sent butterflies around my stomach, I bit my lip slightly and noticed he watched, his eyes on my lips sending a blush to my cheeks. "Either you're communicating with someone on the outside or," I waited for him to piece it together. Rather than finishing his sentence he stood up and walked out. A pang of sadness hit me as the door shut behind him, my shoulders slumped.

"Hotch, I think she's innocent," Reid stuttered out. "What?" JJ asked. "She was found with the body and never said that it wasn't her, even in court," Morgan replied. "But she never said it was," JJ breathed like it all just hit her at once. "When I was speaking to her, she told me I didn't say that I was or wasn't married to Spence, she was hinting, just like she'd never said she did or didn't do it," JJ finished. "When I told her it matched her MO she questioned it, she said it looked like Leighanne, not it looked like what I did," Reid finished the puzzle. "Hotch we need to look more at that case, there's something missing," Reid spoke. Hotch nodded sending a Morgan out and Reid back in.

"I thought you'd left me," I spoke sticking my bottom lip out. "Never," he responded, I narrowed my eyes. "Hm don't do that," I told him. "Do what?" He asked as he sat back down. "Forcing it, you're faking, flirting with me to try get me to tell you more," I rolled my eyes. "I'm sorry, I thought you wanted to flirt with me," he titled his head slightly. I smiled. "Not like that, I told you I'd give you what you wanted, you don't have to whore yourself out Doctor Reid," he laughed at my statement. "You can call me Spencer," he smiled genuinely. "What about pretty boy?" I asked and his blush came back. "If you like," he responded, clearing his throat and opening the file. "Alex, did you kill Leighanne?" He asked me blatantly. "Leighanne was my best friend, we went too the same daycare, same middle school, same college," I smiled, feeling my eyes begin to well. "You didn't answer my question," he responded. "I suppose it depends who you ask," I replied. "I'm asking you Alex," he looked at me. "If you ask the law or any prisoner in here then yeah I did," I was clearly avoiding his question. "Why do the inmates think that? Surely it was you who told them?" He replied curiously. "I did," I answered quickly. "Why?" He asked quicker. "Because I wasn't about to become prison food Spencer," I replied sternly. "And I suppose, in a way I did kill her," my answers were honest, as I promised they would be. "In a way?" He asked. "In a way," I mimicked. "Alex you're being difficult," he stated. "Am I?" I shamelessly flirted. He smirked slightly at me. "Alex, please," he replied. "Music to my ears," I smirked. He shook his head with a slight smile on his face.

"Do you think it's working?" Rossi asked. "We'll find out, I don't see any other option, if we take away Reid I'm worried she won't talk at all," Hotch corresponded. Rossi nodded turning his attention back to the interview.

"It was your birthday when she was killed if I'm not mistaken," Spencer looked at me, looking for a sign of response. "It was," I was blunt, talking about my birthday made me feel violently ill. "Do you celebrate your birthday Alex?" He asked me. "Not anymore," I replied bluntly again. "Don't go blunt on me Alex, we were doing well," he looked at me with pleading eyes, I couldn't help but smile. "I'm sorry, I don't like my birthday," I nodded, he replied with a nod. "You were found, covered in Leighannes blood, no tears, with a knife in your hand Alex, that's pretty damming evidence," he explained to me. I remembered that night and relived it everytime I shut my eyes, I knew what it looked like. "I know," I responded, now I couldn't look at him, he thought I was a killer, he was no different. "Why weren't you crying Alex? Your best friend was dead?" He asked me, titling his head to look at me deeper. "You haven't read my file," I stated. "Sorry?" He asked. "If you'd of read my file, as a profiler you'd know why I wouldn't cry," I paused, "why I couldn't cry," I reclarifed. "I could go read a your file or you could tell me," he responded. Why wouldn't he of read it? It's his job. Was he just trying to get me to open up? "You must of read my file. It's your job," I looked at him, confused. "Alex," he licked his lips slightly and it made me want to spill every dark secret I had just to have a taste of him. "Don't use your body language against me," I leant forward. He smirked slightly. "That was low of me, I'm sorry," he replied, so he knew what he was doing. "I have autism, my emotions and brain don't work well together, I wanted to cry really, but nothing, nothing came out," I breathed, it was like a weight had left my shoulders. He smiled at me, pleased with my honestly. "Alex, what happened that night?"