"It's a gamble," Goku said. He brought his hands down to his side. "Kaioken times three!" Again the red aura enveloped him as he began to charge his attack. "Ka-me-ha-me..."

"You'll never block my Galick Gun!" Vegeta yelled. "Prepare to die along with this world you love!" He unleashed his attack upon Goku.

"HAAAA!" Goku yelled firing his own beam.

The two beams collided and a gust of power shot out from them. Mae was nearly blown away as the rocks around them crumbled.

"What?!" Vegeta was surprised that Goku was able to send a beam of energy to match his.

They both began to push against each other, not wanting to give the other more ground. Goku could feel the ground cracking beneath him as he pushed back with everything he had. However, the saiyan Prince wasn't making it easy for him.

Goku grit his teeth, "Kaioken times four!" He boosted his power again and suddenly his beam was able to take over Vegeta's.

Vegeta was pushed back by his own blast before getting caught in Goku's, being sent even higher into the sky. When he was completely blown away Goku brought his arms down, gasping for breath.

"Augh..." Goku strained from the pain.

Mae pulled the rocks off her and stared at him. She ran towards him. "Daddy! You did it!"

"Goku! I can't believe it!" Yajirobe also came from his hiding place to cheer for Goku.

"M-Mae!" Goku exclaimed. "I told you to go."

"I know...but I couldn't leave you," Mae said with a pout.

Goku sighed, "it's okay, I'm glad you aren't hurt."

"But what are you doing here Yajirobe?" Goku asked his old friend. 

"You didn't notice me, you musta been really distracted," Yajirobe said. "But you did it! You got rid of that saiyan! You really are the best!"

He slapped Goku on the back making him cry out in pain.

"Daddy!" Mae exclaimed. "What's wrong!"

"I did something that was too much for my body," Goku said, still in pain.

"Yajirobe, I think you should run for it," Goku said.

"Why?" Yajirobe asked. "You don't think..."

"He's still alive," Goku said. "If he were that easy to kill I wouldn't have had any trouble."

"But-but you're stronger than him!" Yajirobe said. "I mean if he comes back..."

"I told you, I pushed myself too hard," Goku said. "My body is a wreck. I'm probably at my limit."

"Oh I see..." Yajirobe said. "We'll see ya!" He waved before running off.

"Don't worry," Mae looked up at Goku. "I'll help you fight Vegeta."

"I think you should go too," Goku patted her head. "But something tells me you're going to stay no matter what I say."

"That's right," Mae nodded.

"Alright we'll face him together then," Goku said.

Vegeta finally escaped the energy beam that threatened to push him into space. He watched it leave with a scowl on his face.

"CURSE YOU!" He yelled more angry than before. "Why...Why? Kakarot's power! It cannot be! IT CAN'T BE! I am the greatest saiyan warrior of all!"

Vegeta took a moment to catch his breath and calm himself. "Time to stop worrying about being pretty. I'll do the saiyan transformation and crush him." He chuckled darkly to himself. "My giant ape form is enough to terrify even me."

He began to look around. "I can't believe this...I chose a night with a full moon in case I wanted to destroy the planet quickly, but I never imagined I'd have to transform to defeat Kakarot. If it weren't for him..." he began to fly around, looking confused. "Odd...the moon should be out by now.

King Kai watched Vegeta with a smirk. "Heh Heh, forget it saiyan. Piccolo destroyed the moon fearing such an eventuality. But Goku has no strength left. Even without his ape form the saiyan may be more than enough for him. Even if Goku's child helps, she is no match for the saiyan. Our one hope is that he's gotten weaker. If we could hit him with the spirit bomb. Hit him with it the way he is now..."

Goku stared up into the sky, "what's he doing up there? Why doesn't he come at me?"

"How can this be?!" Vegeta exclaimed. "Where is it?! What happened to the moon?!" He suddenly came to a realization. "Of course, curse him. That sneaky...Kakarot destroyed the moon himself." He let out a sigh, "so be it. I'll lose some strength, but I have no other choice. His shock will be worth it." He flew back down to the ground.

"He's finally coming down!" Goku said preparing himself.

Mae brought her hands up, ready to fight.

'The spirit bomb is the only way to win. But can I concentrate enough? Mae will have to keep him distracted,' Goku thought to himself.

Vegeta was a bit surprised to see the half saiyan girl standing next to her father but he decided to ignore her for now. Goku was his main focus. "You thought you could outsmart me by blowing up your moon, didn't you?"

"The moon?" Goku asked confused.

"Don't act dumb," Vegeta scoffed. "Do you even know how we transform by seeing the full moon?"

"Transform?" Goku repeated, still confused.

"Moonlight is only reflected sunlight, but only when reflected by the moon does it contain green spectrum radiation," Vegeta began to explain. "When the moon is full, that radiation exceeds seventeen million zeno units per second and when we absorb that full amount through our eyes the saiyan reaction is set off through a special gland in our tails. Then our transformation begins. There are many moons around many planets in this galaxy, but no matter their size their green radiation will not exceed seventeen million zps without the circular reflective space of a full moon."

"However, the greatest saiyans can compress the planets atmosphere with a power all to create a small artificial moon that reflects seventeen million zeno," he made a glowing orb in his hand as he spoke. "It's time Kakarot! It's finally time for you to die! A low ranked fighter shouldn't challenge one of the elite!"

"His power went down as soon as he made that orb," Goku said. "What's he doing over there? I don't get it!"

"I have a bad feeling," Mae said nervously.

Vegeta hurled the orb into the air.

"What is it?!" Goku exclaimed.

"Burst and mix!" Vegeta yelled, closing his fist.

The orb exploded into a bright light. Both Goku and Mae shielded their eyes. When they looked again a large orb filled the sky.

"What is that?" Goku asked. "What did he do?!"

"Impossible!" King Kai yelled. "He created a moon."

"Too bad neither of you have a tail," Vegeta laughed as he stared at the fake moon.

Suddenly his body began to change into a monstrous form.