Chapter 44 - The return

Start from the beginning

And that was when I realized that I had to involve pregnancy in my agenda. I initially planned to just return and pretend to be pregnant and then later fake a miscarriage which I would pin the blame for on Aya, but along the lines, I met Samir Lamido, a handsome stud that's definitely on the list of top 10 most eligible Abuja bachelors. His father was a tycoon in the crude oil world while he by himself owned a chain on high end supermarkets all over the northern part of the country. I'd say we both came across each other in the perfect time, because he needed a distraction from his 'crowded' life like he described, while I was lonely and had several needs as my so called husband was away and chopping life with that foolish girl. So yeah, one thing led to another and boom! I carried his baby.

When I found out that I was pregnant, I thought that I used my own hands to ruin everything. I was so confused and stressed out that I couldn't even think of anything, so I had to go to my best friend Farida for help, and of course she was also very disappointed in me, but later on she gave me the idea to just say the baby is Hafeez's and eventually use it as another one of my pawns, but another problem arose when Samir freaked out on me, he wanted me to terminate the pregnancy as he didn't want to be a father just yet, especially in such a way, but I refused to, so we had several disagreements over that, he even threatened to part ways with me and not shoulder any responsibilities, but I told him that I just needed the baby to accomplish a goal of mine and wasn't going to pin any responsibilities on him in the first place, and thankfully he was more than okay with that.

It really was a struggle to say the least but at the end, it was all worth it. About 70% of my plan was already completed, since I managed to kick that annoying bitch out of my way, so to get the Remaining 30% done would be a piece of cake, and trust me when I say that I couldn't wait! It's not like I was doing anything bad anyway, the Talba's were loaded, right from Hajiya and down to Asma, money wasn't their problem, so taking everything or at least a great deal of what Hafeez owned to his name. Especially that wonderful house we lived in, wouldn't even make him bat an eyelash because his father can give him 20 times of it back, talk more of his aunt Dida. So if you look at it, I was just taking my share.

The plan was to go somewhere far away and live big with my Ummi, but Samir found a way into the circle, because even the thought of separating from him was giving me a heartache, talk more of actually having to do it. So I decided that after I've successfully done what I married Hafeez for, I'd then get married to Samir and finally live the life I deserved.

"So, there's something I want to talk to you about" I started as I turned the volume of the TV down so he could hear me loud and clear.

"Later please. I'm tired"

"I'm tired too babe, I'm constantly tired every single day because carrying this baby is not easy, but you don't see me complaining," I rolled my eyes "just listen because I might end up forgetting if I wait till that later"

He didn't respond to that, he just turned his head to look at me, which meant 'go ahead'

"It's about Aya," the moment I said that, I saw a change of expression on his face. Not sure exactly what to call it, but I did see it "it's unfortunate that things turned out the way they did, and I really wish the situation was different, but you and I know how stubborn Aya can be, when she sets her mind on something, it's a whole war trying to get her to change it, she's too strong headed for her own good,"

"So...?"

I sighed "so, I think you need to show her that you're two times stronger than she is in order to make her get off her high horse," I said "I think you should divorce her"