"Why?" The friend challenged Sakura, looking up at her with a slight glare from the comfort of her desk.

"Because I've claimed him already for my best friend," Sakura declared. "So kindly back off."

Sakura's best friend didn't need an introduction for the two girls. They already knew who she was talking about. Everyone knew their duo because they were popular.

"Naruko?" four eyes peeped. "I thought she didn't like to date anyone..."

"Well she's gonna start if she likes to or not." Sakura shot her head up at the classroom door. "Speak of the devil. You two better spread the word. Sasuke is off limits."

The friend frowned. "I refuse. I never said that I wanted to date him. What if I just want to be his friend? What if I—"

Sakura wasn't even listening and stepped away to greet Naruto. She had already blocked out any words the friend had said and rudely disregarded her. Most people would look at Sakura in scorn for such an arrogant display, but because she was popular, it was excused.

"Naruko! You're back!" Sakura smiled. "You never came back to us for lunch. Kiba said that you had to do something."

Naruto looked over Sakura's shoulder to his desk in the far corner. It was usually his spot, but today a handsome jerk filled the seat instead. The raven's words from before echoed in Naruto's head endlessly and he couldn't help but crave to hear him talk more.

"Hellooo? Naruko!" Sakura clapped her hands in front of Naruto's face. He brought his focus back to the strawberry blonde.

"What is it?"

"You tell me. What were you and Kiba talking about? What happened afterwards? Why didn't you return?" Sakura blasted Naruto with various questions.

"Um... we just talked about sports..." Naruto lied, "Softball. Baseball. Stuff like that."

"Really? And he had to take you to a private place to talk about sports?"

"Yeah. We... we discussed confidential information about this year's try-outs."

"Okay... so why did he come back and you didn't?" Sakura drilled.

"I was... I..." Naruto's eyes drifted back to Sasuke. He just couldn't stop looking at him. The strange man puzzled him. Why did Sasuke accept his identity? Was it a cruel joke or was it genuine? All of it seemed too good to be true.

"Naruko!"

"What?!" Naruto snapped, looking back at his best friend with a glare. "What is it?!"

Sakura sighed. "Never mind. Let's just go sit down."

The blond grumbled and followed Sakura to their seats in the back. In all of the classes that they shared, they sat in the back of the classroom. This class was no exception. Sakura took her seat in front of Sasuke.

Naruto's usual seat was next to the window, but Sasuke had taken it without any regard for who sat there. Eager to talk to him again, Naruto approached the raven's desk.

"Hey," Naruto greeted.

Sasuke put his phone down and brought his head up, making eye contact with the blond. He raised an eyebrow and wet his thin lips.

"What do you want?"

Naruto was turned off by his tone, but he continued to act polite anyway. "That's my seat."

Sasuke replied instantly, "The teacher said I could sit wherever I want because there are no assigned seats."

"Well yeah, but I always sit there," Naruto pointed out.