Chapter 26: Harsh Reality

It was like slow motion. In an instant the mini vacation had turned from being perfect to a living inferno. Camila was frozen in place and Lauren had no idea that Camila and little Sofi had just heard her shout the most hurtful moment in her life, to the person who cause it.

Sofi was scared. She had never heard Lauren shout or even yell at anyone and her big sister was standing like a statue with tears in her eyes. She was even scared to say a word and was terrified that her mom and dad weren't there to fix her sister or help Lauren.

When Sofi finally did speak it came out in a whisper that no one heard so she tried again a bit louder

"Lo-Lauren are-are you okay?" the little girl asks still scared

When Lauren heard that voice she turned around slowly and right in front of her stood a scared Sofi Cabello and a shocked Camila Cabello with tear filled eyes

This was not good. Camila was not suppose to find out about this. Not at this moment, and little Sofi was definitely to young to even know about this.

"Hey little Sofia" Paul says going around Lauren and smiling down at the little girl, who was now also scared of him.

"Get away from her Paul" Lauren says through gritted teeth getting mad

"Calm down Lauren, I'm just saying hi to the baby Cabello" Paul says not giving a shit and smiling at Sofi

"I said get the fuck away from her" Lauren says again pushing Paul away from Sofi, who was now hiding behind a still shocked Camila

"Fine, whatever but I'll see you around Lauren" He says winking and walking away with a smirk.

Lauren's POV

I want to kill him. God why out of all the places did he have to appear here and now? Oh god Sofi. She must be terrified, and Camz, Oh Lord.

"Sofi, it's ok little princess come here" I tell her getting down on my knees and calling her over

"Is-is he gone Lolo?" She asks with fear in her eyes and I know that she was scared. Shit I knew I was scared but I'll have to wait till later to drop my barrier. First I need to make sure Sofi and Camz are ok.

"Yes he's gone baby. Do you still want to make the big sand castle?" I asked her to make her smile but she nods 'no'. "Um- ok then what do you want to do?" I ask not knowing what to do

"Make Mila stop crying" she says and I look up at Camila, who was indeed crying silently.

"Alright well first I think we should go back to the room. Is that okay?" I ask the little princess

"Yes. I just don't want Mila crying" she replies and I know she is getting sad

"Let's go then sofa monster" I say picking her up in my arms and grabbing Camila's hand to leave.

The walk back to the room was very quiet and not the good kind of quiet but the bad kind. If Camila heard what I shouted I know she is going to ask questions and this time I can't get around them. On top of that Paul was around here somewhere and I did not like that at all.

When we got to the room I put Sofi down and grabbed the room key to open the door. I pulled Camila in and put our things on the floor.

"Sofi stay on the bed and watch cartoons okay. I'm going to talk to Camila in the bathroom is that alright?" I ask her worried about them both

"Yes Lolo" Sofi says quietly and I feel horrible

I drag Camz with me to the bathroom and close the door behind me. As I look at her at her she is still in shock so I turn on the cold water then splash some of it on her face.

"What-what happened? where's Sofi? Where-where is Paul?" She asks and I take in a deep breath before I answer

"Sofi is in the room watching cartoons and what happened was that you were in a state of shock" I tell her biting my lip

"Lauren what happened at the beach?" She asks and I knew what she was referring to but I just don't know how to explain.

"Camila I-I" I start but she stops me

"Lauren I heard what you shouted at him, please tell me i-it's not true" She pleads with tears still in her eyes and I can't lie to her. Not about something as heart breaking as this.

"It's-It's true" I say breaking down and crying the tears I've been holding in ever since the night it happened.

Camila's POV

As Lauren admitted what I prayed was not real, my heart crumbled. When she started crying I immediately grabbed her and brought her into my arms and sat on the floor hugging her. I couldn't believe it. Lauren was raped and what was worse about the entire situation was that I had not been there for her, after it all happened.

"Lauren please don't cry baby, please" I say rubbing her back

"He-he didn't even care that he-he was hu-hurting me" she says in between sobs, and I close my eyes tight because it hurts me to even imagine what he has done to her.

"Baby please I hate seeing you like this" I tell her with tears running down my face

"I-I was breaking up with him be-because I was in love with you" she states and I freeze at her words.

Lauren was breaking up with Paul because of me and as a price he hurt her in the worst way possible. I don't deserve this girl's love. She's practically done everything for me and I can't even break up with her brother and tell her that I've fallen in love with her too. Seriously what kind of person am I?

I feel her hug me tighter and I just tighten my grip. I can't hurt her. She's been hurt enough already because of me. I have to do something. Something huge, something more than just break up with Chris. But first I need Lauren to not be crying and I also need to take care of Paul before he does anymore damage to the girl I'm in love with, because he is not going to get away with what he did to MY Lauren.

"Lauren, I'm so sorry. I-I should have been there for you. Please Lauren, it hurts to see you like this" I say kissing her head and not letting her go

"I-I still have nightmares about what he did to me" She hiccups and I just want to kill myself

"Lauren is that one of the reasons you started to cut again?" I ask afraid of her answer

"Ye-yes" She sobs out and I want to kill Paul 20 times over.

"Lauren look at me" I say pulling away and looking at her red rimmed eyes that were filled with unshed tears. "He is going to pay for what he did to you" I say cleaning her tear covered face

"It was almost a year ago Camz he-he already got away with it" She says as more tears fall from her eyes and I get pissed.

"I promise you that he will pay for it. I'm not going to let him get away with hurting you like that" I say furious, to the point of wanting to hit something.

"I-I never knew you had a pissed off side" She says with a weak smile and tears rolling down her face.

"Yeah well that asshole hurt you and I'm not going to let anyone do that to you" I say serious about my statement

"I Love you Camz" She says looking at my eyes and I can't hold it much longer.

I lean in and hold her face gently in my hand then capture her lips in the most tender kiss I have ever given her. It was soft and slow, and our mouths moved against one another as if it was destined to be. I moved my hands and caressed the side of her face as I deepened the kiss and as that happened I could hear her let out a muffled moan. I feel her pull me closer to her and as we continue to kiss I slowly laid her down on to the bathroom floor and settled on top of her.

I pulled away from her a little to catch my breath and with my eyes still closed I said the only thing I was feeling for the broken girl in front of me.

"I love you too"