Chapter 11: What Is Happening

Camila's POV

I got home after being at the playground for another 15 minutes. I was glad that Lauren had given our friendship another shot but I was still confused about the kiss. I was also wondering why she gave me a kiss before she left and also where she had gone to. I was laying on my bed with my eyes closed when I heard a knock on my door.

"Come in" I shout without moving.

"Oh good you're home did your phone lose battery mija?" I hear my mom ask and then I remember that I turned it off while I was with Lauren.

"No, sorry mom I turned it off during school and I guess I forgot to turn it back on" I say hoping that she'll believe me.

"Alright well diner will be ready soon so go clean up" she says before leaving my room

Once the door closes I take out my phone and turn it on. When the screen comes on I notice that I have 15 messages from Chris.

Chris: Camz pick up your phone

Chris: Babe are you mad at me?

Chris: Baby please I'm sorry for whatever I did

Chris: Please pick up

Chris: are you ignoring me? :(

Chris: Camila please

Chris: can you please talk to me

Chris: call me when you get this

Chris: Are you sick?

Chris: should I come over?

Chris: Answer me please

Chris: I'm really worried

Chris: Camila

Chris: did something happen?

Chris: I Love You please answer me

As I read the last text I felt a bit guilty. I've been avoiding him all week because I don't know what was going on in my head. After I kissed Lauren all I've been thinking about was why I did it, why did she kiss me back, and what the hell is happening. As I was about to text him back , I get another text but this time it wasn't from him.

Lauren: Meet me @ hideout @6.

I looked at the time and noticed it was 5:15, shit I got to go now if I was going to get there on time. The hideout was a bit far from my house and if I was walking it would take me a good 30 minutes. I jumped out of my bed and ran down the stairs ignoring my mother calling my name and completely forgetting about Chris.

Lauren's POV

When I left Camila at the beach it wasn't because I wanted to , but because I needed to. The last few months I know that she's been the one saying sorry for everything and after Wednesday at school I got to thinking that maybe I should just start new with her. My choice had nothing to do with the kiss we had because in reality I still didn't understand. But at the beach I was going to tell her how I felt but Chris called and I had to improvise.

I was glad that she accepted the condition of not letting anyone know because I really couldn't deal with people getting involved, especially Chris. So after I left her I went around town and picked up some things. Afterwards I came to the hideout and tried to fix it from the dark hole I had made it into. I had texted her to meet me here at 6 and it was already 5:55. I really hope she still remembers how to get here because I was getting worried.

As I checked one last time to make sure everything was in place I turned around and in front of me stood Camila with her mouth opened and wide eyes.