~fleetwood mac~

six

A gentle warmth, something so strange and unusual, caressed Aeron's dead, black heart when she took a quick, unnoticeable glance into the young hybrid's chocolate brown eyes to not find an ounce of pity or fear, but awe and curiosity at what she had just beheld. Most cold ones were pitiful and the white haired vampire despised, hated it and typically, as a rule, slaughtered them seconds later.

It was perhaps one of the few things she hated for the better part of this now tarnished, wretched world. Pity.

Aeron could feel the questions radiating from both the wolf shifter and the small hybrid, the perfect pair were practically begging her to keep going. Asking her to explain to them just how she managed to reclaim her freedom. Wanting Aeron to finish her captivating and fascinating tale.

The ancient woman softly stroked the little brunette's pale cheek with the back of her fingers as she contemplated it.

But there was such a massive possibility that her tiny Renesmee, her only friend, would flee, hide herself in her mate's thick, bronze fur and Aeron, the white haired Cold One would never see the tiny hybrid again if she were to confess all her horrible, sinful deeds...

How the death of a small, single Aztec girl, one that was to be a sacrifice to her, was the final trigger to send her down the cracked and crumbled road to total madness.

How her frantic delirium was replaced practically immediately to a seething rage in a second and she lost herself, burning the 'mighty' Aztecs to the ground for everything they all had made her suffer through and used her for.

How she had clutched that sweet, sweet child, her saviour, to her rock hard chest covered in rags as the blazing fires rampaged then died and the bright, full moon rose in a smoke filled, black night sky, but, of course...it was barely visible through the discoloured fumes.

How her heartbroken shriek of absolute insanity terrified any remaining alive as darkness as deep as death took over her mind, leaving her with nothing.

"~Its only right that you should
play the way you feel it
but listen carefully to the sound
of your loneliness.~"

With a slow sigh, Aeron tilted her head to the side. The movement let her shockingly white hair fall over her left shoulder and the Cold One opened her mind, before diving back into the pairs'.

:3

Trapped, chained up and strung up inside a dreary, sauna like cavern, deep below one of the largest Aztec pyramids was a filthy and starving humanoid creature for who knows how long.

Thick, metal bands encased its wrists, ankles and throat. It kept the creature aloft and harmless. The beast's head was limp, its once pure white hair was now vulgar, abhorrent and the creature's stonelike porcelain skin, laden with grime, absolutely filthy.

A deathlike silence would have consumed the murky crypt, if not for the irregular sound of dripping water echoing through the prison. Which was perhaps, even worse...

Dressed in nothing but rags, the animal's nostrils flared while its hands clenched, nails digging into its palms as the scent of two humans coming its way caught its attention. And from what it could confirm, the two were an older male with a familiar scent that consumed the animal with rage. The other confused her. It was the soft fragrance of a young girl. Very young.

A bright light abruptly pierced the blackness, causing the creature to squeeze its eyes shut and faintly growl. Then there they were. The self proclaimed shaman, painted in vibrant colours and adorned with feathers of all sorts and a terrified child, donned in white and gold.

The beast rose its head, with its glittering black eyes glaring hatefully at the Aztec man, vowing should it ever be free, should it ever escape, should it ever get loose, he would be the first to die, slowly and painfully. But if not him, then his children or his children's children.

The young girl trembled desperately as a whimper trickled out of her throat and that was the moment when it realised that this innocent child would be its meal. It would only be fed once a decade, a minuscule puddle of blood taken from a person in front of the creature, before leaving the sacrifice to bleed out on the ground. The bottom of the dark cavern was a muddy brown from aged blood and decorated with old bones.

But to bring a child? A child?!

It roared at the pair, the innocent and the guilty, the shrill, ear splitting shriek bouncing off the wet, stone walls. The chained creature took great satisfaction in watching the painted up older man shudder in fear, but his grip on the young girl's wrist seemed to only tighten making her cry out and try in vain to shake him off and flee.

The beast lunged forward, another screech ripping from its throat, however, the epic force of its pounce did nothing, being trapped like a mouse in a lion's claws.

It wasn't supposed to be the insignificant mouse.

It was the mighty lion!!

The dressed up shaman had had enough and brought forth a golden sacrificial dagger from behind his back before slashing open the girl's throat. A wet gurgle of pain left her now red stained mouth as he shoved her towards the dirty, rag covered creature.

That was their first mistake.

A mistake that would finally end their civilisation.

The Cold One needn't move as the dying girl fell in its arms and even the want, the crave, the ache for her precious lifeblood, it couldn't think of such a thing. Taking mind of the cowardly Aztec man fleeing the fire lit cave, the chained immortal stroked the girl's black hair.

The child, staring up at it in wonder dazedly, put a bloodied hand on its cheek before she spoke in broken words, "Y, you're no, not a mons, monster...." her heart then stopped, a final breath left her and a deep, terrifying growl rumbled in its chest as an abnormal craze of the death of a single human girl gave it more strength the creature had ever had despite the hunger that burned so viciously. The ancient beast let its mind plunge into the depths of manic hellfire.

It seemed like it just needed that one final push.

The creature tore each of the chains from the walls with its new abnormal strength, carrying the black haired child out of its long time prison and butchering any who stood in its way, leaving nothing but death and destruction in its wake.

The shaman... he was a dried up husk and in pieces, by the time the beast had finished with him.

Every life it took, its insanity flooded out every value it ever kept close, to never take a life of the young or a woman with child... gone.

All of it gone.

It slaughtered them all.

:3

The white haired vampire was now crouched in front of the hybrid, gently holding each of her hands and staring into the girl's eyes.

"~Like a heartbeat drives you mad
In the stillness of remembering what you had.~"

Aeron stood, her face blank as she walked back over to the small area of peace she had discovered before little Renesmee and her wolf had found her.

"~And what you lost
And what you had
And what you lost.~"