~the charlie daniels band~

three

Edward, Eleazar and Garrett finally stepped in from outside to the Cullen household, only to find the mind reader's hybrid daughter still sitting in Aeron's lap with her head resting on the white haired vampire's shoulder. However now...she was snoozing lazily with a small smile on her face.

Jacob lurked in the closest corner of the living room, glaring hard at the new red eyed vampire with narrowed eyes as his face twitched as if he couldn't decide whether to smile at how peaceful his imprint looked or scowl that a leech was holding her and not him. No one knew anything about Aeron and they were letting Renesmee this close to her? How the hell could they trust someone they'd only just met?

The young girl's left hand lay in her lap, while her right continued to be tangled with Aeron's, seeming to not want to let go of the ancient vampire.

Esme, Bella and Rosalie...it came across as...were more comfortable than the others, the younger two sitting closer to the pair. The blonde looked like she needed to do something about the archaic woman's worn out clothes, his mate looked like she had more than a few questions that she craved to ask and his mother, who was standing in the kitchen, preparing a small lunch for his daughter, looked like she really wanted to brush that wild mess of white hair.

But the hybrid's father grimaced slightly when he unexpectedly heard his daughter's sweet, tinkling voice in the new vampire's twisted, empty and yet...overly crowded mind, 'Do you remember how old you are?'

He was wrong. She was awake.

The white haired vampire blinked her ruby red eyes once, very slowly as she trailed an icy finger gently across the young girl's cheekbone before she gradually shook her head. Aeron wore a vacant look as Renesmee's face fell, feeling sad for her new friend.

The ancient woman's lips flickered up at the corners for a second at the young one's concern and sadness for her, a small sense of warmth filling her chest for only a moment before her whole body went the icy cold she was so familiar with.

'What's the last thing you remember?' The hybrid's voice passed through Aeron's thoughts once more, Edward listening in, also curious to what the white haired vampire would reveal to his daughter.

In Renesmee's mind, a short foresight of the red eyed vampire perched regally on a marblesque throne in a massive, bright room, her skin sparkling from the golden rays of sunshine peeking in through pillars, began to play out.

People, who appeared to be of Egyptian descent, were on their hands and knees in front of her, bowing, almost kissing the floor before her as her red eyes peered down at them with a calculative gleam in her intelligent gaze.

Obviously, insanity had not sunk its claws into her just yet.

In the brief imagination, Aeron tipped her head slightly to look out the side of the majestic room at the miles and miles of glistening yellow sand stretching across the land as far as the eye could see and the beginnings of a single pyramid being built, the groans of pain and cracks of whips alongside orders being roared out, filling the surrounding air.

She then took a golden, blood filled goblet from a golden tray held by a small, young girl who stared up at her in awe and reverence. A slight smirk was sent the Egyptian girl's way and it looked like she was about to faint.

Renesmee suddenly leant back to stare at the archaic vampire holding her with wide, chocolate brown eyes, 'Wow...'

Edward was in shock, himself, to discover the approximate age of the vampire suffering from insanity, reclining on his father's couch with his daughter seated in her lap. That obviously being a time where she had been a Cold One for quite some time to have such control and influence of humans without them completely panicking.

Her head suddenly swivelled around as if she was a telepath and had heard him when an Edgar Allen Poe quote was then ominously whispered into his head, 'I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.'

He swallowed his uneasiness, the echoed words drowning out every other thought in his mind.

:3

Having begged her mother's permission while she too focussed on her gift, Renesmee had yanked Aeron out into the forest. She wanted to learn more about their shared gift and hoped to be taught how to use it the way the red eyed vampire did, despite her restriction.

Even though the white haired vampire could have ripped her arm away with ease, she let the little hybrid drag her through the trees, amused by her excitement and enthusiasm. When the girl had finally decided on a spot, the archaic Cold One began to illustrate small impressions of how she had used their gift in the past and how Renesmee could wield it herself.

With focus, practice and intent.

The girl listened closely to every whisper and heeded every feeling, completely enraptured when all of a sudden Aeron froze, her head tilted only slightly and her eyes turned harsh. To anyone else, she hadn't moved at all, but for some reason, the little hybrid had seen.

"~Fire on the Mountain, run boys, run,
The devil's in the House of the Rising Sun ~"

The little girl's eyes widened just as Aeron's narrowed, sensing her hostility and she quickly raced over to hide behind her new friend. A low growl, one so terrifying and threatening, emanated from the white haired vampire's chest and before Renesmee could blink, the archaic Cold One suddenly had two vampires' throats in her hands.

"~ Chicken in a bread pan, pickin' out dough,
Granny, does your dog bite? ~"

The cracking of marble had the two strangers choking, grasping at her wrists and Aeron turned to raise an eyebrow at the little hybrid who nodded back before she quickly followed the white vampire as she strode away, still having a tight grip of the two outsiders' necks, dragging them in the snow. Such a grip that was a definite threat she could and would rip their heads off if need be.

"~ No, child, no.~"