~art vs science~

two

Little Nessie Cullen had refused to let go of Aeron as the ancient vampire revealed to her and only her, all the kinds of the things that she had discovered and learned during her undead life. Especially the things about her gift and everything she could do with it. Like how the white haired woman could sometimes use her gift, the young hybrid could also learn to make others do things while touching them, of course.

The small girl knew just how excited and pleased the old vampire was to find someone like her, but she could also tell that Aeron was distressed and troubled for her wellbeing.

Concerned that Renesmee's gift might make her lose her mind like it did the red eyed woman so long ago.

Aeron was, at that moment, sitting on one of the cream couches in the living room of the Cullen's household with Renesmee sitting in her folded legs, their hands still entwined and a bright look of delight lingering on the white haired vampire's face while the young hybrid wore a huge expression of awe, their eyes still connected.

This vampire was old.

And Renesmee was so amazed to see so many civilizations rise and fall, religions grow and fade, creatures that she never thought could exist in real life, only in storybooks and all the famous people that Aeron had met.

Aeron leant forward to touch their noses, nuzzling her, making the girl offer her bell like giggle to the world while the others continued to watch them closely, cautiously.

:3

Edward stood near the tree line with Eleazar, out of earshot from all of the other witnesses, "Do you know anything else about her? Any at all?"

The other vampire shook his head slightly, his face looking somewhat dazed while his eyes were seemingly hazy, "Aeron is a well known mystery. I mean I have heard of her before but I have never met her. To be honest I did not think she existed. From what I know, or at least from the rumours, she was once a prisoner turned weapon and that she'd only gotten away because she had slaughtered the entire coven."

"And for good reason, mate. But it wasn't no coven."

Eleazar and Edward turned to see Garrett leaning against a tree with his arms crossed, an eyebrow raised.

"What?"

"Ronnie is a strange one, I'll give ya that. But she is good at heart and has a soft spot for kids, so I'm not surprised she adores your kid. Especially since she's got the same sorta gift as her's." Garrett shrugged, a smirk spread across his face as he unfolded his arms and shoved his hands into his jacket pockets.

"Do you know more about her gift? About her?" The bronze haired Cullen asked, taking a step forward, needing to know if she could...if she should remain around his daughter? Would she be able to fight with them? Or would she be like Alastair?

The other vampire tilted his head, with a 'meh' look on his face, "Ronnie was captured, chained up and 'tortured' into submission so the Aztecs could use her to win wars against their enemies."

"The Aztecs? She's that old?" Eleazar asked, his eyes wide and jaw dropping. He even took a step back in disbelief.

"Nope. She's older."

"And how exactly do you know this?" Edward scowled with his eyes narrowed, growing more and more frustrated with the red eyed vampire in front of him as he danced around their questions.

"She showed me. I told you Ronnie's a special case, mate. She forgot how to speak properly and depends on pictures and songs to communicate properly. Like when she showed up, Aeron is trouble. She can cause trouble, whether for herself, you or the Volturi, we're yet to find out. Then when she sang about Red Riding Hood, Ronnie was making fun of the wolves and the fact that your daughter was wearing a red jumper, then made that wolf howl."

"How-"

"She's super smart, the old girl. And it doesn't matter if you're on her good side or her bad side, Edward, Aeron is on her own side."

:3

'Why did you come here?' The small girl asked with her thoughts, touching Aeron's pale cheek.

A picture of the white haired vampire chained onto a gold floor, covered with filth and wrapped rags, trapped in a dark room, entered Renesmee's mind. Then another of a tall, tan man painted with vibrant colours while dressed in feathers and gold using her to take control of the minds of others.

The red eyed vampire's face then faded into an image of pure pain and sorrow, as she softly caressed the young girl's cheeks, as well, the final picture of Aeron being covered head to toe in blood and venom, the atmosphere filled with nothing but raging fires and screams of absolute pain and suffering, while a look of utter insanity yet satisfaction was sketched on her perfect face as she prowled away liked the vicious, deadly predator she was.

The vampire sighed, woefully and gently touched their foreheads together once more when Renesmee then wrapped her arms around Aeron's neck, 'You're amazing.'

The white haired woman almost immediately perked up, grinning with a wild look in her eyes at the little girl, "~You're everything that a big, bad wolf could want.~"

:3

"Can we trust her?" Eleazar asked, quietly.

Garrett took in a deep breath as he scratched the back of his neck, avoiding their gaze, "Well..."

Edward narrowed his eyes once more, not at all liking his thoughts, "How did you meet her?"

"Ronnie found me, actually. There were a couple of hunters tracking me down and they hit me with something hard, dunno what, when suddenly they all tensed up, their eyes turned red then white and they started ripping each other to pieces. Here I am paralysed against an alley wall with a collar fastened around my neck, cracking my skin, when a red and black blur drops down in front of me," the vampire gave a faint smile as he thought back to the memory he held onto with a certain fondness, "a messy bunch of white hair comes into view and a blank, but curious face is inches from mine."

"So she saved your life?"

"Yeah, but I think it's because she didn't want another vampire to get chained up and taken prisoner or killed," Garrett nodded slowly to himself, eyes lost in his own thoughts, "So I'm not really thinking it's cause she was thinking about saving me, it was more about getting revenge on another group of vampire hunters."

A tired Edward dragged a heavy hand down his face and turned to peek at a distressed Eleazar.

Garrett then came to and he smirked once more, "Ronnie is dangerous and fucking scary."