~sam the sham & the pharaohs~

one

They were outside when it started. In the field behind the Cullen's home, where all of the present guests were attempting to help Bella strengthen or at least gain control of her gift. Music, of all things, immediately gained their attention, with all eyes darting to the tree line as the notes in the strange but upbeat song grew louder.

The howls of the Quileute Wolves, too late of course, came as a warning and almost drowned out the music until... for some off reason, they eerily started to 'sing' along with the tune.

The vampires frowned, exchanging confused glances until  Garrett let out a howl of his own, this one of excitement. He apparently knew who was coming.

A soft, childlike giggle, bordering on insanity, chimed in, the somehow angelic sound entwined with the howls of the shifters and the strange music, all coming together to bring a creepy, harmonious tune to their ears.

Before anyone could count another second, a tall, feminine figure skidded to a halt, a few meters past the tree line into the occupied field.

Her feral appearance made most wince.

Her bright red eye gaze was curious yet alert, starting them all down. Her large grin was almost savage, having a bloody and unhinged look. Her wild hair was as white as the snow at their feet, somehow. Her clothes were a pair of tight denim jeans, a low buttoned blouse and a leather jacket with killer heeled boots. The entire ensemble was an assortment of reds and blacks. And while neat and tidy, there were still a few wears and tears, here and there.

If it hadn't been for the dark colour, none of the silent vampires, who were closely watching the new grinning witness, if that is what she was here for, would have been able to see the black headphones on her head. They were almost completely hidden by the mess of her unkempt locks. How a vampire could stand to have such loud music pounding in her ears with her sensitive hearing was beyond them all.

Sam and three members of his pack padded slowly out of the forest behind her, pushing plenty of the vampires to the edge of laughter to see the Quileute Wolves bobbing their large heads up and down to the music. It was hilarious.

Edward's brow creased slightly as he pushed his gift, trying to reach into her mind...but he couldn't. Her thoughts were not blocked like his Bella's were. She was just...a blank slate. Everything, gone.

The new vampire's ruby eyes met Garrett's and she gave a high pitched squeal of delight as he waved at her, giving her a roguish grin in return.

"Hello, Aeron."

Aeron smiled wildly as the wolves shook themselves out of the reverie that she must have put them under.

No one seemed to have realised the music had stopped.

The white haired woman stroked the soft fur along one of the shifter's foreheads, making the wolf roll his head under her fingers in pleasure, a quiet rumble escaping his throat. This biggest wolf, Sam, snapped once and the four of them retreated back into the trees, leaving the headphone wearing vampire by herself with a pout on her porcelain pale, cherubic face.

The gathered witnesses all seemed to tense up, watching the strange, even in their opinion, vampire, warily.

She was new. She wasn't invited. They didn't know who she was except for Garrett and Edward didn't really trust his sole word.

So as the woman stared at them with an almost animalistic smile, the bronze haired Cullen glanced over to a truly troubled looking Eleazar. The young telepath glimpsed into his mind and so many thoughts, scrambled and rushed, slammed into him, Edward winced and quickly backtrack.

A slight change on the old vampire's face had the Cullen's golden eyes widen and his head turned back to the intruder.

The silence was broken by Carlisle when he asked, "Who are you?" his peace filled voice rung out through the snowy field and Aeron's red eyed gaze flickered over to him.

A thoughtful expression settled on her ethereal features like she was trying to decide on who she was or she had forgotten until her lips curved up into a big smile. A small tune began to play into her ears from the headphones, "~I'm trouble, yeah trouble now. I'm trouble, y'all.~"

More frowns of confusion and astonishment were again, shared all around, before Bella then rose to speak, "Can you...not talk?"

The white haired woman tilted her head to one side then the other, an unreadable, but nonchalant expression on her face, while Garrett and Eleazar both answered for her at the same time.

One with an amused snort and the other with a slightly panicked huff.

No.

With a deep, unneeded breath, Eleazar looked to Edward who had turned back to him with a questioning glance, "It appears her gift is akin to your daughter's."

His words drew all eyes, red and gold, to him except Renesme's, who was in partial delight to actually meet someone like her and Aeron who was staring right back at the young hybrid girl.

"Similar to Aro, your daughter must touch another for her gift to prompt any effect. But like yourself, our newest witness needs no contact and her gift is somewhat more powerful," the old vampire winced and frowned sadly, "so powerful that it has shattered her mind."

Without them even noticing, Renesme had crept closer to the smiling white haired vampire. She hadn't moved an inch but crouched down so that she and the tiny hybrid were eye level when they were only a metre away.

"So we're not hearing any music? We're hearing her thoughts?" Jacob spluttered, stunned, "Like when Nessie touches us?"

"Yup," Garrett answered with a dip of his head, "Ronnie is a special case, too. She can use her gift, her thoughts to take over your mind. Control yah. She thinks yah doing somethin', yah gonna do it, whether yah like it or not, it's gonna happen."

He then shivered, "Creepy thing tah see."

"~Hey there, Little Red Riding Hood.~"

At the eerie sound of musical thoughts, all eyes turned back to the newcomer and most choked in a panic to see the young girl in her loose embrace. Aeron had one arm around her waist and the other holding her hand whilst the hybrid had her legs wrapped around the ancient vampire's hips. They both wore huge grins as their foreheads were pressed together, their eyes staring into each other.

"~ You sure are lookin' good.
You're everything that a big, bad wolf could want.~"

Everyone tensed up once more when the two both giggled, especially Jacob until his face twitched strangely when they turned their attention to him.

His eyes flashed red as his face became blank. The wolf's eyes then clouded over, fading to a sickly, milky white. He then threw his head back, "Awooh!"

The two girls cackled even louder before Aeron spun them around, making Renesme squeal with utter delight.

"I like you," the young hybrid whispered aloud to the white haired vampire as she touched her cheek. The woman grinned widely. Everyone heard the baby Cullen and now they all knew, they couldn't exactly tell this person to leave now.