Chapter 20

I woke up in a white room, it was the hospital. I seen Eddie and Dustin sleeping, and Robin was outside the door. I looked down and I seen an IV in my arm and then I saw the bruises. The bruises on my legs, mostly my thighs. I looked over in the mirror and my face was bruised, I hand a hand mark bruise from where he dragged me down the stairs. I started crying and freaking out.

"Oh my god, no no no no. What happened." I screamed. Eddie immediately jumped up, "Nurse she's awake!" He screams, "baby, are you okay? Oh god." He kisses me softly. "I- I've been better." I smiled slightly. "I swear I'm going to hurt him babe." I took his hand, and looked at him. "Don't, just..just don't leave me okay?" I started crying. "I promise I won't leave you okay?" He kisses me.

A few days later.

I finally went home from the hospital. Everything hurts, my body. My pride. Everything. I miss my mom. Eddie wanted to stay with me but I told him to go to school, he don't need to miss school because of me. I took a shower for the first time. I wanted to immediately after he did that to me but I know I couldn't. I washed all the stuff off of me, the dirt. The filth. I got out, changed into a sweatshirt and pants. I scooted down the wall crying.

I never thought this would happen to me, again

I never thought this would happen to me, again. I'm loss for words. I started throwing things, screaming at the top of lungs. "Novaleigh?!" I hear screaming, it's Eddie. He's running up the stairs and I just sit against the wall with my hands above my head bawling.
Eddie walks in, "oh sweetheart, come here." He picks me up and lays me down on the bed with him, "I don't know why this happened to me, I didn't do anything." He looks at me with tears forming in his eyes, "baby, I know you didn't do anything." He runs his hands up my back. "Hey look at me." He adds, I look up at him, "you're beautiful and this doesn't define you. You're still the strongest girl I know, you're amazing and you will get through this. You have me and everyone around you." He kisses me, "we will forever protect you. But you are not allowed to walk alone anymore." He says giggling. I laughed back, "stop making me laugh it hurts to much." A slap him.

"You tired babe? Let's go to sleep." He says kissing my forehead. "Yeah I am, stay the night with me? Don't go home." He looked at me saying, "I'll be by you everyday love." He kissed me. He took off his clothes, and shoes. I take off my sweatshirt because I was burning up and took off my pants. I wasn't wearing a bra it hurts, they're bruised. He looks at me, shocked, almost in tears. "It hurts worse than it looks." I look up at him. "Come here." He grabs my hand and puts me in front of him. He kisses all my bruises, cuts, etc. From the top to the bottom, not missing one. I hugged him and the kissed him.

"I love you Eddie Munson." I whisper to him with my arms wrapped around him.
"I love you too Novaleigh Henderson, now let's go to sleep." He says, laying me next to him. He has his arms wrapped around me with his head on my chest.

I'm so lucky to have him. Out of all the bad situation I've gone through, he's my peace. He's my safe haven.