┊20. Pretty boy

Start from the beginning

I'm not sure if she's assuring me that she'll be ok or I won't get beat up.

Either way I wanna go back downstairs.

"Bella, come on." I say, standing up off the couch and walking over to the basement door. "You're a very boring individual." Bella states as her and the dogs walk down the stairs.

Another, much louder, boom of thunder sounds causing the dogs to bark. "Excuse you. Inside voices please." Bella lectures. I can't help but chuckle at her attempt to "parent" the dogs.

"Why the fuck is it so cold down here?" I ask. I understand that basements are under ground and tend to be colder but damn, this is a whole new level.

"That's a good question," Bella responds as she watches the dogs fight.

"I'm bored again." Bella says after a while.

Of course she is.

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

"Wanna watch a movie?" I ask, "Are you asking me to watch a movie with you?" Bella teases. "Who said I was going to watch the movie too?" I ask.

Bella looks at me confused, "so you're planning to just...stare at a wall the whole time?" I shrug, "maybe I will." I get a pathetic laugh in return as Bella turns off the lights and makes her way over to the couch.

"Ok, we'll see how long that lasts."

A slight smile forms on her lips as she clicks on cocomellon. What the actual fuck. "Eyes on the wall pretty boy." Bella says, the storm becoming painfully louder. "Mhm," I mumble, unable to completely understand what she just said.

Pretty boy.

Normally that name would make me want to throw up.

Normally.

But then again, nothing feels normal with Bella. We're two totally different people with our families but when we're together...it's comfortable.

Fuck, I've cried in front of her.

My thoughts are cut off when my head harshly is turned away from the tv screen, "Mr. I'm not going to watch the tv, seems to be quite interested in the show huh?" Bella teases.

I shake my head, "that seems like a pretty long last name." without missing a beat Bella replies, "you could always marry someone and get their last name."

"That's true."

"But that's also a lot of work." Bella reasons with herself, "I mean, what if they have a great last name but an ugly face?" "I'll wear a bag over my head." I assure her. Bella gives me a nod in agreement and goes back to watching cocomellon.

A long period of silence goes by before she asks, "can you just admit I was right so I can change the channel?" "Mmmm" I hum, "I'm actually quite fascinated with your walls. I might just look at them a while longer." I tease.

"Oh look at you and your big words!" Bella coos, rolling her eyes at my smile.

"Learned from the best."

✄┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈

I caved.

I only caved because I didn't want to hear the sound of the thunder and lightning, not because Bella was giving me the silent treatment.

"Why the fuck is it raining so heavily? Do they not have inside voices or something?" Bella complains, "I don't know," I shrug. I know even if I gave her a logical answer she would tell me to shut up so I don't even try.

It's quite for a moment until Bella quietly yawns, "Sleep Bella." She lets out a groan, "déjà vu much?"

Huh?

Oh.

"Sure?" I have no clue what that means nor do I know how to respond to it. A small smile falls onto Bella's face. "You don't get it." She states.

And that's when the storm picks up again.

Tree branches snapping, the whistling winds, and the loud strikings of lightning.

"You ok?" Bella asks softly, "yeah, why?" I ask. She shrugs, a thing she does a lot. "You zoned out." Oh. "Just thinking." I lie. Bella nods and goes back to watching the tv.

"Try thinking like a doctor not like a pregnant woman."

"Instant death." Bella comments.

Noted.

A few seconds of silence. Boom!

A few more. Again

I look over at Bella to see her fighting sleep.

Wrapping my arm around her side, I pull her body into mine. She looks at me with eyes that if I wasn't already sitting would have me on my knees.

"What are you doing?" She mumbles, "sleep Bella. Go to sleep." I can tell she's hesitant. It takes a minute until she buries her head into my chest. As I pull the blanket on top of the both of us, she mumbles a quiet "good night" before she's out like a light.

"Good night Bella, sleep well"

**✿❀ ❀✿**
Chapter: 20
Words: 1310
posted: 8/24/22  12:09 pm

**✿❀ ❀✿**Chapter: 20Words: 1310posted: 8/24/22  12:09 pm

I absolutely love this chapter (the end especially)

Izzy parenting her dogs >>>

It's alarming how much I put my opinions and wants in live into Izzy... yeah.

ANYWAYS, what's new? This whole authors note is being written in august so...

Yeah, so...

Follow the Socials
TikTok: 1800feelings1
Instagram: 1800.feelings and izzy_eastwood1

Thank you so much for giving my story a shot!