┊21. Leaf

Laying on the couch with Bella in my arms is the best feeling I've felt

Laying on the couch with Bella in my arms is the best feeling I've felt...ever.

My hands flow through her hair as I try to avoid the death glares her dogs are giving me.

"She's sleeping." I whisper. Milo angles his head to the side as Simba starts growing. "Shhhh," I shush. Look at me, talking to fucking dogs. What has become of me?

Bella starts to turn, implying she's waking up.

Fuck.

I stayed up all night holding her; taking her in.

I probably would've slept great if it weren't for the storm that kept me up all night. But, hey, at least I had a good view.

"Morning," Bella mumbles, "Good morning Bella." I whisper, "what time is it?" She asks. I look at my phone, "around 7." "Ok," she nods, pulling the blanket up around her shoulders and settling back into me.

Sweet girl.

I feel a small smile fall into my lips as I watch the girl that took my heart the very first day cuddling into my chest, holding me like I could protect her from anything.

"Tired?" I ask, "Just a little," she mumbles before drifting back off to sleep, her soft snores filling the room.

I've tried considering that this is only a friendship. I've tried denying it all together. But now I know I can't keep lying to myself anymore;

I'm falling for Bella, and I couldn't be happier.

"Why did I agree to this again?" Leonardo complain for the trillionth time

And he says I complain to much.

I got Leonardo to walk the dogs with me. I'm honestly quite proud of how little effort it took.

"You were the one who said I would get kidnapped if you didn't come with us." I shrug, getting pulled by Simba who is in pursuit of a leaf.