006.

chapter 6
run-in with an old friend

❝ shut up or i'll make you shut up, you stupid fucking- ❞

ANNABETH HAD VOLUNTEERED to go alone, since she had the cap of invisibility, but Percy and Jiwon convinced her it was too dangerous

ANNABETH HAD VOLUNTEERED to go alone, since she had the cap of invisibility, but Percy and Jiwon convinced her it was too dangerous. Either they all went together, or nobody went.

Jiwon could not believe she was agreeing with him.

"Nobody!" Tyson voted. "Please?"

But in the end he came along, nervously chewing on his fingernails. The group stopped at their rooms long enough enough to gather their stuff. The group had figured whatever happened, they definitely would not be staying another night aboard the zombie cruise ship, even if they did have million-dollar bingo. As much as Jiwon would've loved to win that, she was on a tight schedule.

Get the fleece. Save camp. Prove she was worth more than some dumb fish boy. Yeah, she didn't have the time to waste.

Tyson insisted on carrying the duffel bags, but Jiwon made sure to carry her own backpack–it wasn't that heavy and she didn't want to abuse of Tyson's kindness.

The group snuck through the corridors, following the ship's YOU ARE HERE signs toward the admiralty suite. Annabeth scouted ahead invisibly. Percy, Tyson, and Jiwon hid whenever someone passed by, but most of the people they saw were just glassy-eyed zombie passengers.

As they came up the stairs to deck thirteen, where the admiralty suite was supposed to be, Annabeth hissed, "Hide!" and shoved the three of them into a supply closet.

Jiwon heard a couple of guys coming down the hall.

"You see that Aethiopian drakon in the cargo hold?" one of them said.

The other laughed. "Yeah, it's awesome."

Annabeth was still invisible, but she squeezed Jiwon's arm. She assumed she did the same to Percy, cause he flinched slightly.

Realization dawned on her face almost immediately. That was Chris.

She knew him from the amount of times she'd hang around at the Hermes Cabin— he was nice to her, well, as nice as you could be from a distance, but he usually kept to himself. Now, she understood why.