003.

chapter three
the tanaka show

❝ you're way out of his league, you know ❞

JIWON PRIDED HERSELF on being a pretty interesting person

JIWON PRIDED HERSELF on being a pretty interesting person. No matter what the situation, the daughter of Dionysus would always have a story to tell– and even if she didn't, she'd make up something so elaborate, nobody would question her.

She didn't, however, think she was interesting enough to have someone question practically every demigod ever seen near her about her. But, of course, Percy Jackson came in and proved her wrong.

The son of Poseidon was singlehandedly the most annoying demigod Jiwon had ever had the displeasure of meeting. She figured he'd have an overinflated ego (and like ten concussions) from his success last summer, but gods, he was genuinely so dumb. He didn't catch hints, he was way too impulsive, and, for some reason, he had made it his mission to know every single thing he could about Jiwon. It was really starting to piss her off.

How could someone go from not having a clue you existed to suddenly being obsessed with finding out your entire life story?

At first, she thought he'd be nice. He seemed like a good person, at least, but she soon realized he was just an idiot.

When Percy had first gotten to camp, Jiwon had figured they could be friends. It was refreshing, someone knew who didn't judge her almost immediately after meeting her. But, gods, was she wrong.

Percy never once looked at her, or any of the other "irrelevant" campers for that matter. The fact that he didn't even know who she was, when she'd literally been there when he first arrived and throughout the rest of his stay at camp said something, and Jiwon wasn't sure if that was a good thing.

Scratch that, it definitely wasn't. It either meant that Percy had such a massive superiority complex he didn't feel the need to know the rest of the campers, or he was just such a massive idiot he didn't do well with remembering people.

Either way, Jiwon was not about to let that ridiculous fish boy think he was better than her. Maybe it was her competitive nature, or the fact that she absolutely despised being overlooked, but Jiwon was going to prove to everyone that she was a force to be reckoned with. Especially the son of Poseidon.