005.

chapter 5
a lovely parting gift

chapter 5a lovely parting gift

❝ i'm no party pooper, percy. stop projecting. ❞

JIWON STOOD FROZEN in her spot

JIWON STOOD FROZEN in her spot. She slowly turned around and was met with her father— the god of wine himself, Dionysus.

"Hey dad." She laughed nervously. "What's up?"

"Don't 'what's up' me, Jiwon. You're supposed to be getting ready for bed." He gave her a pointed look.

"I'm... sleepwalking?" She closed her eyes and hesitantly took a step back.

"Jiwon." he said.

"Fine." She rolled her eyes. "You caught me, congratulations."

"Care to explain?" He raised an eyebrow.

"I don't think I need to." She replied.

"You don't," he said, "I know you well enough to know what you're up to, kid, but it would be nice if you still told me."

She gave him a look.

He sighed, "Jiwon."

"Dad."

"Come with me." he said in a low tone.

Her eyes widened. "You're not gonna turn me in—"

"Jiwon." He said, "You know I wouldn't do that."

"Tantalus would." She muttered.

"Well then, you're lucky I'm not Tantalus," he joked.

Jiwon followed her father as he led her up to the Big House— she'd been inside a couple times, but she didn't make it a habit to frequent the building. They were in a smaller room, her father's study, where he and Chiron would deliberate most of the important things regarding the camp and its demigod inhabitants.

Jiwon stood at the doorway, trying to not look as uncomfortable as she was. She didn't know what was happening, and that made her nervous.

Her dad was shuffling through his desk, until he came up with a small box. He ushered her in, and handed it to her.