Chapter 8 - The Nursery

Alya's POV

Bruce decided that I should be the one to train Marinette to use her ability. Only problem..was that she didn't know how to use it again. "I'm sorry, Alya." I chuckled and patted her shoulder, "It's fine, girl. How about we just do some basic combat." She nodded and I asked Bruce if we could borrow their training deck in the basement below the Palace and he agreed. Nino and the boys also wanted to watch so they did...minus Damian.

"So, do you have any fighting experience?" I asked, because moves were not pure luck. "My Guardian taught me some self defense, so I think I know the basics." she replied with her hands on her hips. I grinned, "Alright show me what you got." We both readied ourselves and Marinette came charging at me with a bunch of attacks. Is this human self defense!? I dodged and even sent a few back her way. It...was actually fun.

I've never really smiled during a battle with anyone other than Nino because he would just downright play fight instead of actually training and that's when the craving comes in. Marinette was smiling too but I didn't really want to push her too much. I stopped and said to take a break and she pouted. "Hmph...and I was winning too..." I booped her nose, "Yeah, no you weren't.." We both laughed and she playfully began to slap me.

"Alrighty then, we have a Royal appointment to head off to. See you guys later." Tim exclaimed as the boys began to leave. Marinette ran up to them and asked, "Where are you guys going?" They looked at each other then Richard answered, "We're going to the Nursery to see how some of the little ones are doing. Wanna tag along?" She nodded a bit too quickly as her eyes gleamed with excitement. "Are you sure it's okay?"

"Mhm, I'm sure they won't mind. But be warned, they're very very energetic." She jumped around then waved bye to me and went to get ready. I chuckled, This girl...
~~~~~~~~~~

Marinette's POV

I hurriedly got ready to go with the boys

I hurriedly got ready to go with the boys. I took a quick shower and dug through my drawers and found the perfect outfit. I slipped out as fast as I could and ran downstairs to see the boys and Damian waiting for me. "Woah, that was fast, cupcake." I scratched behind my head, "Y-Yeah, I was kinda eager to see all the pups..." That's when we heard a car horn outside the mansion and went out to see a limo.

They had these in the Realms? Then again...they did have AC. We all got in and drove around town and I was like a five year old again. I was totally amazed by everything. It looked the same yet so different. It..reminded me a lot of home... I frowned and looked down. I felt a hand on my shoulder. Bruce. "Once we settle this war, we'll make it our first priority to send you back." I nodded and it made me feel a little better.

The car stopped and we got out in front of what I guess to be the Nursery the boys mentioned. As soon as we opened the door, my soul left my body. Everything was torn up from toys to the furniture, the little pups were running around widely. They were Monsters. They all halted and watched me all of a sudden and I froze in my spot. Then they all sprinted up to me and tackled me to the ground.

They buried me in hundreds of sloppy kisses and I laughed finally sitting up and began to scratch their heads and cuddle with them. Then one of the helpers ran over and immediately apologized. I got up and said it was fine then she bowed to the Waynes behind me. They went off to a separate room and met up with another helper while the other one stayed with me. "Alright pups, lunch time!"

They ran over to her and scarfed down the meal as if it were their last. I realized that one of them looked smaller than the others as he laid in the corner by itself. I walked over to him and stooped next to him. "Hey little guy. What's wrong? Why aren't you eating with the others?" He huffed and didn't even look at me. Ouch... I sighed as the helper came over and explained his situation and also that her name was Bella.

Apparently, this little pup's name was Tom and he was the youngest by at least a good week and a half making him three and a half weeks old. Why he was so depressed is still unknown. But he eats and is healthy and just doesn't socialize. I sat down and pet him while Bella was called away. "So Tom, why are you lying here all by yourself?" I asked. He didn't answer. Sigh..such a drama king... Just like a Prince I know.

Taking this from his point of view, being the youngest means that you probably feel outcasted and left out. It could also be problems at home as well that are affecting him. I thought back to when I was upset and Mister Fu would also get me back up with some pastries so maybe I should try that with him. "I'll be right back, little guy." I stood up and looked around the kitchen and found to my surprise a jar of bacon.

It smelt cooked and the jar did feel a bit warm. I took out one and closed it back, walking back outside. Knowing the older ones...they'll probably try to eat it but I have to try my luck. I hurriedly ran back outside and pulled it out and whispered in his ear, "Hey, I found bacon in the kitchen. Want some?" I held it above his head and waved it around and I saw him trembling. Is it really that hard to resist?

I chuckled and tempted, "Well if you don't want it, then I'll have it for myself?" I grinned and almost immediately after he spun around and tried reaching for it as I held it high above his head. "I'll give it to you if you agree to talk to me. Kay?" He stopped and pouted. I placed the piece of bacon near my mouth and he snapped, "O-Ok...fine..." he replied softly. I giggled and picked him up and rested him in my lap feeding him the bacon piece by piece.

He was a darling. Once he was done, I washed my hands and when I returned he immediately came up to me, pulling at my leg. I giggled and picked him up. I then sat down with him in my lap. "So, why are you so down, Tom?" He frowned, "B-Because...mom said that..I should be more like my b-brothers..." I tapped my chin, So he feels a lot of pressure being the youngest.

"So maybe you just need to make yourself stand out above your brothers." He looked up at me with a small smile. I saw Damian down the hall and he looked like he was looking for the bathroom so I called him over. "What do you want?" I gestured for him to sit down and reluctantly he did. "Tell me some stuff about pups." He looked confused then sighed, "Umm, pups have a lot of energy and they need a balanced diet in order for them to grow into wolves or lycans." he began.

He pointed at Tom then continued, "From his age, he looks about a good three weeks old, he needs to gain a lot more weight. Judging from the others, they look roughly five weeks old. At that age, wolves and lycans are at the stage of shifting into humans for the first time." I asked, "When did you first shift, Damian?" "That's none of your business." he answered all too quickly. I chuckled with a grin.

Hmm, what if he shifts now rather than later? His parents will be so proud of him. "What would happen if they shifted early?" His face grew serious, "If that's what you're trying to do with him, then forget about it." Tom frowned again and I knew I had to do something. And if Damian thought that I was just gonna give up on him, then he's frickin' wrong. "Tom, I'll be here for the entire day. We're gonna make that happen before your mom comes for you later. I promise."

~EssyMLBDC~