𝐕𝐈𝐈 ; living 𝒏𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕𝒎𝒂𝒓𝒆𝒔

Start from the beginning

It was a lose-lose.

"Okay..." She was defeated, feeling herself shift.

Those that sat in the chair in front of her never left alive. She learned that very quickly. Strangely though, she realized after a few times of being forced into this, they all acted the same.

They pleaded for freedom.

"Please, please, I have a wife and a son at home. You have to let me go."

Then there was the silence of their confusion about what she was doing.

He saw... his family. They were right there in front of him.

Something was wrong, though.

Then there was screaming.

They pleaded for mercy as he beat them... his family... beat them to death.

It wasn't him though, but it seemed so real. So real that he couldn't take it.

And finally?

Asumi gasped a breath of air as her head lolled forward, staring at the cement floor. She stayed that way until they came back in and moved her back to her bed to take her to her room. At that moment, she caught a glimpse of the man in the chair who now lay still. His face had gone purple and the restraints once around his wrists laid on the floor.

He strangled himself to death for what he thought he had done.

The girl closed her eyes as the bed was pushed back down the hall. Why hadn't the heroes come to save her? Is it because of what she had done?

Was she not worth saving?

☯︎

Dozens upon dozens of villains, their figures too far to pinpoint any faces, crept their way toward them. Except for one.

She'd recognize him anywhere, his presence still enough to make shivers roll down her spine. The thought of him being in the same room as her made her feel as though she was being suffocated.

There were so many... It made the class wonder how they even got in. UA was a highly secured facility, so going in unnoticed seemed impossible. And yet, no alarms went off upon their arrival.

Todoroki seemed to evaluate the situation faster than the others could, "Is the entire campus under attack or is this their only target?"

As he continued talking further, his theories only proved to be more believable. One of the villains had to have a quirk masking their presence there. Not only that, but they specifically chose to attack the USJ, an isolated facility at the exact time a class was being taught.

It all seemed too planned out to just be pure coincidence. Their objective, however, remained unknown.

"Thirteen, get them out of here. And alert the main campus." Aizawa directed as he adjusted the goggles of his hero costume to his face, "Actually, if they've got the ability to block our sensors, then they might be jamming our regular communications too."

"Kaminari, try using your quirk to contact the school."

"Yes, sir." Denki was on it right away, but by the look on his face, they could tell he wasn't having much luck.

Aizawa dove down to the villains, beginning to fight them on his own. He seemed to be holding up well by himself, at least for now.

No one had to tell Asumi twice when the class began to flee in the opposite direction toward the exit they previously came from. Her legs were shaky, her breathing still unsteady and the running wasn't helping her case. Still, she pushed forward.