21- Order Pancakes

Beginne am Anfang

"Just following orders" Dean replies, and Calliope can see the annoyance on Dean's face.
"Yeah, so, what exactly can you tell us about the case?" Calliope asks the man.
"Well, nothing much to tell. Jarrod and his friends were hanging out at Weather Top. This make-out spot the kids use out in the woods. And then he ditched his pals to hoof it home. Never made it" he explains to them.

"So, somebody snagged him?" Dean asks.
"Oh, maybe?" he replies.
"Maybe?" Sam inquires.
"Look, maybe Jarrod did get got. We're working every lead. But if you ask me, he just bailed" The Sheriff tells them.
"And why would he do that?" Dean asks.

"Jarrod's had it rough. Mom left years ago. And his dad.... Well, let's just say Jarrod fell down the stairs a lot. If you know what I mean" he says to them.
"Wait a second. If you knew he was being abused, why didn't you—" "We tried" the Sheriff cuts Sam off.

"Try and take a child from his parents, even if they're the worst people in the world, it's not easy" he goes on to say to them.
"Did you talk to his old man?" Dean then asks him.
"Can't. Not really. Guy stroked out a couple years ago. Breathes through a tube. Guess who gets to take care of him? Can you imagine having to spoon-feed the guy that wailed on you for all those years? Everybody's got a breaking point. If Jarrod did blow town, I wouldn't blame him" the sheriff says as he continues working.

"You said that he was with friends the night Jarrod went missing" Dean then says.
"Did any of them happen to say anything?" Calliope asks.
"Nothing work repeating" he replies, as he finished on his otter, "Ain't he precious" he says smiling at them.
"Uh-huh, any idea where we can find these friends?" Dean then asks.
"Oh, yeah. Sure" he says as he just stares at the taxidermy animal before him.

After they finally get a location, the three of them head to a building where they see a kid sitting on a picnic table, "Daryn Boston?" Sam asks the kid, and he looks over at them, "Agents Stark, Martell, and Targaryen, FBI" he adds as they each h...

After they finally get a location, the three of them head to a building where they see a kid sitting on a picnic table, "Daryn Boston?" Sam asks the kid, and he looks over at them, "Agents Stark, Martell, and Targaryen, FBI" he adds as they each hold up their fake badges.
The kid sighs, "Hell" he says as he flicks the joint he hand in his hands on the ground.

"Oh, no, yeah it's cool" Dean says picking it back up and handing it back to the kid, "Medicinal purposes, right?"
"Uh, yes" the kid slowly says surprised as he takes the joint back from Dean.
"Yeah" Dean says stepping back.
"We wanted to just talk to you about the night your friend Jarrod Hayes went missing" Calliope says to the boy.

"What about it?" Daryn asks.
"Well, the Sheriff says you were with him" Sam tells him.
"Yeah, well, the Sheriff is a jackass, all right? Look, he thinks Jarrod just skipped town" he says to them.

"And you don't?" Calliope asks.
"I know he didn't" he replies to her.
"Did you tell that to the cops?" Dean asks Daryn.
Daryn scoffs, "Man, Sheriff Bishop's not gonna believe me. We got history" he says.
"History?" Dean inquires.

"Any time something happens in this town he brings me in for questioning" Daryn says to them.
"Why is that?" Sam asks him.
Daryn holds the joint up in his fingers, "Why do you think?" he says indicating to the marijuana.
"Right" Sam says.
"Well, then, if you don't want to tell the Sheriff what you say, how about you just tell us?" Calliope then asks the kid.