☆27

I wrote this sitting on the grass, in front of a lake and mountains. Best place yet.

 Best place yet

"Mark??"

She jolted, shooting up from her seat when she saw her all-time best friend disguised as an old man wearing a semi-bald grey wig, a fake moustache and convincing wrinkles.

His attire was old-fashioned, consisting of a grey, checkered sweater vest, and grey trousers, paired with old-fashioned shoes.

Still, she knew it was Mark, of course. How could she not?

"Hey, lemon" She punched him out of reflex but partly to make sure she wasn't hallucinating and he was, in fact, standing before her.

"Oww," He exclaimed, rubbing the area where she hit him.

"What are you doing here?"

"Nice to see you too, Jihye" he whispered her name.

She gaped at him for a moment, examining his features intently and it was as if just then the realisation hit her.

"Mark??"

"Yes for fuck sakes it's Mar-" He discontinued his sentence when a pair of arms flung around him, embracing him in a tight hug.

"It's really you" Pure happiness and relief were apparent in her voice, making him smile and rub her back soothingly.

"Yes, lemon, it's really me." She smacked his arm, playfully this time.

"I told you to stop calling me that"

"Sorry lemon, it suits you. You're sour like a lemon, also, you call me melon so it fits," She was about to punch him this time, but the cheeky smile on his face only made her chuckle.  

"Because you're obsessed with watermelons" he muttered a slight 'true'.

"How did you know it was me?"

"Oh come on, I've known you for like, ever, I know it's you when you pull some stupid shit."

"Rude. But true." He shrugged.

"So this is what you've come to? Coming to the park dressed like an old guy, scaring people and stealing their benches?"

"No-"

"I mean I know I've been gone, but I didn't think I'd been gone that long" she joked.

"No you idiot, I came to see you,"

"Oh, wait- how did you know I'd be here?" She eyed him suspiciously.

"I didn't. I know you come here a lot so I took a chance,"

"And if I wasn't?"

"I'd come every day till I found you." She couldn't conceal the bright smile that crept onto her face at how much he cared about her.

"But why are you dressed like that? You look like you're about to shout at the kids on your lawn."

"Just..in case. You know the Fiery Warriors are very smart and capable of anything, so I took precautions to not look suspicious."

"Wow, you're not as dumb as I thought." She joked making him give her a death stare.

"Wait, did Johnny put you up to this?"

"No. Can't a guy just want to see his best friend.." He paused. "Plus Johnny doesn't know."He mumbled the last part quickly.

"What?!" She exclaimed surprised.

Johnny wasn't a scary leader, on the contrary, he was playful, fun and caring, but when it came to his work and the safety of the gang, he was VERY strict.

"Yeah... he actually specifically told me not to..." She gaped at him for a moment.

"Oh, you're so dead"

"Oh, I so am." They giggled in sync before taking a seat on the cold bench.

"I missed you, lemon."

"I know, how could you not? " He glared at her

"Okay, okay, I missed you too, melon." He laughed before smiling warmly at her making her mirror his action.

"Have you found anything yet, you know, about them?" Mark asked, curious about her progress.

"Only that they hate, no, despise each other."

"Oh. Just, please be careful Ji."

"Stop worrying, I'll be fine." She nudged him.

The next few hours consisted of the two of them catching up, chatting and Jihye telling him about what it's like in the mansion.

And for the first time in a while, she felt pure happiness.

If only she could feel this happy forever. But alas, she had no idea what lay ahead...

 But alas, she had no idea what lay ahead

I love MOrk 😩💖