☆26

My updates have been slow recently and I'm having writer's block with both books, so which would you prefer me to focus on more?

This one or the dream imagines? Because I have no idea.

"You are all to stay ready in your positions and once the target is in sight, you wait for Yuta's signal before-"

The leader discontinued his sentence as the door barged open, entering a frustrated man who started pacing back and forth.

"Mark, how lovely of you to barge into my meeting" the leader spoke, clear sarcasm evident in his voice.

"Ever heard of knocking?" Yuta added.

"No one asked you"

"Hey, I'm older than you. Respect your elders!"

"Fuck you"

"I would if I could"

"You piece of sh-"

"Both of you just shut the fuck up!" the room fell silent at Johnny's command.

"And you? what is so important that you had to rudely interrupt my assignment?"

"I want to contact Jihye." He bore a serious look on his face as he gazed at Johnny.

"Well you can't so please get out" he gestures towards the door, but Mark didn't budge, his eyes still glued on the elder.

"It's been 3 months already and we haven't heard anything from her,"  A brief look of sadness flashed across his face but he quickly hid it with one of seriousness.

"We need to see if she's alright." He folded his arms across his chest as he stood straight, glaring at Johnny who sighed, finally turning to face him.

"Jihye's fine, if there were a problem she'd contact us." Mark was losing his patience.

"Well not if she's dead she wouldn't!
She could be dead for all we know"

Johnny tried his best to stay calm as he too was getting frustrated with the younger.

"She'd only be dead if Jihoon figured out she's an imposter working for us and even if so, he probably wouldn't kill her, he'd use her to blackmail us."

"But what if-"

"Mark enough! There's no need to contact her at the moment and that's final." Mark scoffed in disbelief at the man.

At times, he felt like he was the only one that cared about Jihye, but those were just mere seconds of doubt, he knew full well that everyone adored her, he was just frustrated with the lack of communication.

"Now if you don't mind, I have a mission to assign." He opened the large black door, gesturing for Mark to exit to which he obeyed.

The door slammed shut behind him, leaving him infuriated and on edge.

"Sorry John, but that ain't happening." 

-

Having nothing to do once again, Jihye stared at the electronic device in her palms, trying to occupy herself while waiting for something interesting to happen.

It wasn't exactly her phone, it was one Jihoon gave her with limited contacts and access to applications and was specially made to make sure she doesn't contact anyone suspicious.

Her only contacts were Dohyun, Renjun, Jaemin and Donghyuck. Dohyun willingly gave it to her, the others, on the other hand, had no idea.

She stayed there for a while until she got bored, tossed the device on the opposite sofa and closed her eyes.

She sighed as her head began wandering. She was thinking about the current situation she is in and the fact that she still has a mission to complete.

She thought about her gang members and wondered how they were doing. She really missed them and badly wanted to see them, but she would be lying if she said she didn't miss Mark a teensy bit more.

Mark was her best friend and held a very special place in her heart. They were two peas in a pod and did everything together, whether it was causing chaos, working on missions or just having fun.

She was too deep in thought to notice the single tear that threatened to spill as she recalled the memories with the people she loved most.

Coming back to reality, she wiped the sole tear and abruptly stood up. She felt suffocated and she needed fresh air.

She needed to be in a place the think properly, to breathe so after a ten-minute walk, she found herself standing in the park.

It was fairly quiet, only a few people strolling around the beautiful green gardens while a few families were having picnics.

She spotted a bench from a distance and headed towards it but instinctively picked up her pace when she saw someone else heading in the same direction.

So that's how you wanna play?
Try me bitch
A race to the bench it is

Jihye was the one to reach the bench first and when she did she immediately sprawled out purposely not allowing the man to sit.

"Ha, you snooze you lose, sucker." She stuck her tongue out as she gloated in glory.

Without saying a word, the man before her watched the childish girl with a smile on his face.

Jihye hadn't yet seen the face of her opponent but when she tilted her head to see who it was, she gasped.

"Mark??"

John's gonna be mad 👀