year 4 | chapter 5

Start from the beginning

"Harry, just calm down," I sighed.

"I finally looked at what her self-writing quill was writing, and it was making up so much rubbish and didn't quote me correctly at all!" Harry said, leaning his head back against the wall.

"Look, it's gonna be okay," I told him. "We're going to figure this out."

A brown owl suddenly flew in, holding a paper in its beak. Harry got up quickly and pulled it out of its mouth. I stood up and looked over Harry's shoulder as he opened it.

Harry,

I couldn't risk sending Hedwig. Ever since the World Cup, the Ministry has been intercepting more and more owls, and she's too easily recognized.

We need to talk, Harry, face-to-face. Meet me in the Gryffindor common room at one o'clock this Saturday night.

And make sure you're alone.

Sirius

P.S.: the bird bites

"Ah!" Harry said, shaking his now bloody finger the bird just bit.

"That's ironic," I laughed. "So is Sirius going to break into the castle again?"

"That seems too dangerous," Harry pondered.

"Guess we'll find out," I shrugged.

"What do you mean 'we'?" Harry turned to me.

"Come on Harry, I can be there too," I told him.

"Didn't you read what he said? He wants me to come alone."

"I read it, but I'll be in that common room at one on Saturday," I counter, crossing my arms. "I'm your twin Harry, you can trust me." Harry sighed before nodding and walking out of the owlery.

At one o'clock in the morning on Saturday, I made my way downstairs after Harry. He glared at me but ultimately didn't do anything about it.

"Sirius?" Harry whispered. He walked over to an armchair and found a newspaper laying there. He opened it up and began reading before crumpling it up and tossing it into the fireplace.

"Not a good review?" I teased.

"She published that I'm twelve years old! And that my eyes are swimming with the ghosts of my past!" Harry scoffed. The fire hissed weirdly, and Harry and I turned to it.

The hissing continued and we slowly approached it. Suddenly a face appeared in the logs of the fire, one that looked like Sirius.

"Sirius. How—" Harry started.

"I don't have much time, so let me get straight to it. Did you or did you not put your name into the Goblet of Fire?" Sirius asked. I stared, completely mesmerized by what was going on.

"No!" Harry replied.

"Shh!" Sirius scolded him. "I had to ask. Now, tell me about this dream of yours. You mentioned Wormtail and Voldemort, but who was the third man in the room?"

"I don't know," Harry replied.

"You didn't hear a name?"

"No...um, Voldemort was giving him a job to do. Something important."

"And what was that?"

"He wanted...me. I don't know why, but he was going to use this man to get to me."

"You didn't tell me that part!" I interrupted.

"I didn't want to worry you," Harry replied. "And it was only a dream, right?" Harry turned back to the fireplace.