sixty

Saturday.

The distance she stood smiling and laughing felt further away than it was. Just the other train door, but she wasn't leaving. She was greeting. It all made me be burdened with another weight.

"Don't try, man," Draco said, stepping beside me. "Not now. She's confused as it is."

My eyes moved back to her, seeing gher give Mary a hug, before giving Pansy a hug.

"Come on," Draco said, gesturing for me to walk. "Better now than never, man."

I gave her one more glance as Mary, Astoria, Kieran and Pansy got on the train and she just watched them while smiling. Looks like she was staying after all.

The train gave its final warning  and I rushed in after Draco and Theodore.

I proceeded to follow them to a nice empty booth, before sitting down at a window seat.

Once the train pulled away, I saw her standing beside Hagrid, watching the train go.

Then the booth door opened, and Pansy and Astoria appeared. They were welcomed in, and seated themselves wherever they could.

"You alright, Matth-"

"Fuck off," I bit, and Pansy went quiet.

She knew why I was pissed, and no one else was surprised.

Of course I was. She ruined everything. They ruined everything. Everything I had left in my life.

But I wasn't going to give up. What they didn't know, was that I'd do anything in my power to get her back. Even if it means having to act like I just met her.

I was not giving up.

Not now.

Not ever.

-----

*Months later*

------

Tuesday.

The hall was filled with new and anxious first years. We were the new 'oldest' students. A perfect wonder in the way.

"Gryffindor Prefects," Dumbledore announced. "Harry Potter and Hermione Granger."

Expected.

"Hufflepuff Prefects," he continued. "Ashley Pepper and Jason Hooks."

Didn't know them.

"Slytherin Prefects," he said, causing scurrying around the table. "Draco Malfoy and Jane Leeon."

My eyes moved to her as a smile lit her lips in shock while Pansy and Astoria cheered her on.

"Ravenclaw Prefects. Joseph Connie and Rabecca Green."

They cheered and we all clapped hands.

Then Zoe shot Draco a glare, and he just smiled. I could tell that it wasn't only me who missed her. It was killing Theodore how she forgot their peace, and Alex was pissed at Pansy.

So was I, but  it had already been done.

"Enjoy the feast!" Dumbledore announced.

And a feast appeared.

-----

Thursday.

I ran up the stairs to the Astronomy classroom, already late for the tutor session.

When I burst inside, I suddenly froze.

Zoe looked up at me, and gave a confused smile. "You're late, weird boy..."

I smiled, sitting down in front of her. "Sorry. I was busy with quidditch."

"You play?" she asked in surprise.

I nodded.

Then the room fell into awkward silence. I sighed.

"Can we start over? I feel like I trampled you last term. I'm sorry."

She shrugged lightly. "I don't know. Kidnapping someone into a broom closet is quite weird."

Then she giggled, making me laugh lightly in relief to her joking.

"Yes, we can," she finally agreed. "I'm Jane, but everyone calls me Zoe."

I smiled. "Hi Zoe. I'm Mattheo Riddle..."

[539 words]

THE END <3

--------------------