fourteen

Monday.

She dropped her bags in her dorm, before quickly changing into different clothing. (She insisted.)

After I slipped into a pair of jeans and a simple grey shirt, I waited for her in the common room.

There, Theodore approached me, which immediately caused me to groan. He stepped in front of me, careless about my uninterested look as I glared at him.

"I have proposition."

"I'm not interested," I said, glancing at the girl's dorm entrance.

He chuckled, glancing around. "It's not much of an option, lover boy."

Then my eyes flew back to him. He had a grin, with his hands dug into his jean pockets.

"I wonder what would happen to the poor fatherless girl when she learns that you're the son of the man who killed him?"

"She's a muggle-born," I frowned. "Don't give me false accusations."

He shrugged. "Even she knows the Dark Lord killed her wizard-obsessed father. The poor muggle man."

I glared at him. This was news to me. Completely new news.

"What do you want, Nott?"

Then he looked satisfied. "We want intel."

"Intel?" I scoffed. "On who? My father?"

"Zoe's group."

I looked at him blankly. "Why?"

"They have a club. One directed against the Dark Lord. We need to stop it, and you're our key."

"And how do you know this crap?"

"We have someone on the inside."

I scoffed. "Then get them to do it."

"Can't," he said, giving a shrug. "We need your help."

"And why do you think I'd help you?"

He grinned. "Well, lover boy. We see your interest in her. Too bad she might lose hers in just one sentence."

"You wouldn't."

"But we would," he grinned. "And I'm sure your father would love to hear about this girl. The one who his son supposedly likes."

"You know nothing!" I bit loudly, stepping forward.

He kept his grin. "A muggle none the less."

Oh fuck it.

I grabbed him by the collar, and before I knew it, I threw a punch. Just like that, he tumbled out of my grasp, and everyone in the common room rushed to their feet.

I was ready to go for another punch, but then she stepped in front of me, her hand pressing against my chest.

"Okay," she said calmly, pushing me lightly. "Come on. Let's go."

I looked at her, not even seeing her looking at me. She looked at my chest; her hair framing her face completely.

"Go," she said just as calmly.

I glared down at Theodore as he refused anyone's help. I then looked at her again, feeling her push a bit harder.

I then grabbed her hand, removing it from my chest, yet keeping it in mine. I then pulled her after me -as gently as I hoped it was- out of the common room; but I didn't stop there. 

I kept my grip on her hand, even maybe a little tightly. She just followed me. I didn't hear her complain, or whimper. Yet, I didn't even look at her.

Until I pulled her into our famous Detention classroom. I shut the door behind us, and turned to her after I ket her go. She was calm.