Chapter 3- I Miss You.

Ethan's POV

"Mr Hayes, would you care to answer the ninth question for everyone?" Mr Hendrix pulled me from my deep, sad thoughts and I noticed everyone was staring at me. I first growled to get everyone to look away, which they did instantly, and then I slowly looked up at him, shaking my head since I didn't even know what the question was. He sighed softly and turned his back to the class, writing on the board while mumbling, "I'd like to see you after class Ethan." In a deep voice that made me shudder slightly. Oh god... I'm so dead if he remembers me, I mean yes I changed my name, but I haven't changed my appearance by much. My face was the same, it's just my hair that I dyed blonde from brown.

•end of class•

I slowly stood up as everyone left the classroom, making my way over to Mr. Hendrix's desk with a slightly frightened look. He turned towards me with soft eyes, yet an overall cold look on his face. "Can I speak to you for a second?" He asked with no emotion, a shudder sent down my spine and it meant I could only nod quickly. "Why do you seem so familiar, I have no idea why... But you remind me of someone I use to know." He stated, slowly digging up my past life I had buried and hoped to never remember again. I took a soft breath and looked down, tears pricking at my eyes, "hey, it's nothing to get upset about, I'm merely asking." He seemed to push further, resting a hand on my shoulder. I shrugged it off and took a step back, looking up slightly with tears in my eyes, "how can you not remember me?..." I asked, a slight hint of sadness in my voice, he forgot me... He doesn't realize... I saw sudden guilt in his eyes before he hid it, a sniffle sounding from me. "I-I can't believe you don't remember me... Lane Wentz, doesn't that name remind you of anyone!" I raised my voice at the end, clenching my fists while I watched Mr. Hendrix's face flash with realization. "Lane... Oh my go- Ethan..." He faded off his words and suddenly looked away, seeming to reject my words, "get out of this classroom." He suddenly spoke in a bark, pointing to the door. My eyes widened in painful sadness, my feet automatically moving backwards until I was running out through the halls.
"He doesn't realize how much I miss him..."