Episode 28

"Is this going to be a problem?"

Reiji glanced at the eldest before turning back to face Lucas' sleeping form. "Other than his unusual temperature and the growing cold in his room, I'd say this is already a problem."

Shu grimaced as he looked at Lucas and how pale he is. "...Do you think that the reason he's like this is because the brother of the triplet's mother used his body as a vessel?"

"It is a possibility, however his sudden drop of temperature is quite concerning." He said with a sigh.

"You thinking that maybe his body couldn't handle the exhaustion?"

"Your words, but I don't completely disagree with that thought." 

Shu just stared at Lucas and sighed before turning away to leave. "I still can't seem to understand why you had suddenly latched onto some mortal. Last I remembered, you want nothing to do with them."

He stopped himself from leaving the room as his eyes widened. Flashing images of a person- a child and a large fire engulfing a whole town.

'Edgar...' He glanced by his shoulder to scan Lucas' face and shook his head. 'No, Lucas is different. They're both mortals but Lucas...he's odd.'

"None of your business."

Reiji raised a brow at the response. Usually, Shu would just keep quiet and leave. He doesn't really care about answering when he's being poked at. 

'Apparently, he is already starting to change.' Reiji thought with a hum before looking out the window and saw Laito in the garden. 'And he isn't the only one too.'

-

"Oooooiiiii!! Why weren't you guys at school?!" Keigo screamed as he slammed the door to the Sakamaki manor open. Way to walk in like you own the place. Hayato thought as he trailed after the brunette.

Every brother who were scattered around the manor heard his loud voice and all tsk'ed at the same time. 'What a  loud mouth.'

"Keigo, this isn't yours or my house. Don't just strut in like we're welcome guests." Hayato sighed with a pal on his forehead.

"I wholeheartedly agree with your friend, for once." The duo turned to Reiji who glared at Keigo. The rest of his brothers all stood not too far behind him.

"Oh good, you're all he- no wait where's the girl? Is she with Lucas?" 

Keigo started with a grin as he was about to give the news but stopped at the lack of another human other than Lucas. All brothers glanced at each other in silent question of Yui's whereabouts.

"Probably in her room or something." Ayato scoffed and the rest then turned back to Keigo. "Huh, okay. So why weren't you guys at school?"

"Keigo." Hayato sighed exhasperatedly at Keigo's very blunt and mildly offhanded question. Seriously, this guy. Keigo scrunched his brows as he tilted his head to the side at Hayato. "What?" 

The Saionji male just shook his head. "Kindly excuse his behaviour. He's been like this since Lucas' father and another...unpleasant individual." "WHO I SHOULD'VE THREW MY HANDS AT!" "Not now Keigo." The brunette pouted at the side-glare he recieved from the other.

"Back to why we're here-" "We haven't asked that question yet tho-" "As I was saying." Hayato eerily smiled at Ayato, who actually flinched as sparks ran down his spine. A reminder to not interrupt the Saionji male again. "We might have a bit of problem at the Hiiragizawa residence."

"You did mention his father... is it safe to guess that he may be suspicious on something?" Keigo huffed as he looked away and eyes twitching while Hayato nodded at Reiji. "It's been a week since he had heard from us about Lucas, an honest mistake on our part. And so he grew curious and wanted to check on him."