Second Date and a Half

As you and Bruno walk side by side towards the river, you tighten your grip on the male's arm. When he looks down at you and sees you happily staring back up at him, Bruno raises an eyebrow.

"(Y/n)?"

"Hm?"

"Are you okay?" You nod your head, a smile on your face. "Yes. I'm just really excited about this date." Bruno chuckles as you say this. "Oh really? And why are you so excited?"

You grin before pulling the man closer towards you. "Because I get to spend the entire afternoon with you to myself. The man of my dreams. Whom, I hope to spend the rest of my future with."

As you poke his chest with your finger, Bruno laughs at your cute behavior. "Well, if you want a future with me, all you have to do is ask."

As you both arrive at the river, you notice a nice clearing near the water.

Grabbing Bruno by the hand, you pull him towards the spot before sitting down. As your eyes overlook the water in front of you, you watch in awe as the it washes over the multi-colored rocks beneath it.

"Wow. The water's so beautiful. I wonder what makes it so...colorful." Bruno observes the water before shrugging. "Maybe, it's the algae covering the rocks..."

You raise an eyebrow. "Algae?"

"Or, maybe, the red plants, black rocks, and yellow sand reflecting against the blue water of the river, giving it an iridescent effect."

"I.." You look at Bruno, surprised, as he says this. "I never took you as the science type guy..."

"Well, when you're stuck inside the walls of your house alone with nobody but the mice to talk to, you'll grow the need to learn more things."

You raise an eyebrow as the man says this. "What?"

"I mean..." He quickly clears his throat before averting his attention elsewhere. "Um...Why don't we eat some food?"

As Bruno pulls out a picnic basket filled with loads of delicious foods, you immediately forget about the statement beforehand before gawking at the food, your eyes the size of saucers. "Oh my goodness. This looks so delicious..."

Bruno nods before taking everything out of the basket and organizing it. "It does, doesn't it? So, we've got Toasted Caprese Sandwiches, Spinach Hummus Wraps, some Cucumber Salad, Caprese Skewers, Rosemary Focaccia Bread..."

You hold up a basket of your own. "And I've got some sparkling juice and a lot of desserts. Homemade, of course." As you set up your food as well, Bruno looks towards you, surprised. "You can cook?"

You nod. "Of course, I can. You can't?" The man sheepishly rubs the back of his neck, causing you to laugh. "Then, I guess we know what our next date is."

You take out two glasses before pouring the juice inside and handing a glass to Bruno. "A toast. To a great date and delicious food."

Bruno takes the glass before looking you in the eyes. "And you. I love you so much, Mi Amor." You chuckle before taking a sip of the drink and placing it down against the ground

"I see you've gotten over your nervousness around me."

Bruno smiles. "It seems as though I have." You smile before taking one of the Caprese Sandwiches and taking a bite of it.

"So, (Y/n)?" You look up towards the man. "Yes."

"I know this is...extremely out of place with this being our first date but, I've got to ask you something." You finish off your sandwich. "Go on."