20

They had all jumped aboard the Quinjet and Aileen made sure to sit next to Sam as he was stearing the thing. There was something about him that made her feel incredibly at ease and as if she was whole.

"Drop to 2600, heading 0-3-0. I hope you're right about this, Cap. Or we're gonna land a lot faster than you want to." Sam says right before the Quinjet passes through a force field into Wakanda.

T'Challa walks with part of the King's Guard towards them and Okoye turns to him. "When you said we were going to open Wakanda to the rest of the world...This is not what I imagined."

T'Challa raises an eyebrow. "And what did you imagine?"

"The Olympics. Maybe even a Starbucks." T'Challa smiles and they look forward as the team gets descend the ramp of the Quinjet.

Bruce looks forward and turns to Rhodey. "Should we bow?"

"Yeah, he's a king."

"Seems like I'm always thanking you for something." Steve says as he shakes hands with T'Challa.

Bruce bows in front of him and Rhodey's eyes widen. "What are you doing?"

"Uh, we don't do that here." T'Challa dissuades with a motion of his hand. "So how big of an assault can we expect?"

The group begins to walk back the way it came to greet the guests.

"Uh, sir," Bruce says as he recovered from the embarassement. "I think you can expect quite a big assault."

Steve turns to T'Challa. "How we looking?"

"You will have my King's Guard, the Border Tribe, the Dora Milaje, and..."

A man walks forward toward Steve and Aileen's eyes widen. "A semi-stable, 100-year-old man."

"How you been, Buck?" Steve asks and Bucky smiles.

"Uh, not bad, for the end of the world." The two hug one another and the team starts to walk towards the antrance of the castle.

"I remember him." Aileen mutters to Sam as they walk behind king T'Challa and Steve. Sam frowns as he looks at her and then towards Bucky.

"From when you foght with him when he escaped from Tony?" Aileen shakes her head. "From your past, you remember him." Sam clarifies and she nods.

"He was in the car." Sam frowns and places a gentle hand on her shoulder, keeping the two of them back from the rest.

"What happened?" Aileen shakes her head.

"That, I don't know."

Sam, Aileen and Bucky stand, looking up a the sky. The three somewhat ignoring the fact that they all seemed to have a past with one another.

Sam pushes his hand to his ear. "Hey, Cap, we got a situation here."

The defense shield around Wakanda destroys one of the vessels entering the atmosphere.

"God, I love this place." Bucky breathes and Sam shakes his head with a frown.

"Yeah, don't start celebrating yet, guys. We got more incoming outside the dome."

It doesn't take long before everyone is suited up and Aileen has a skintight catsuit on. She had learned that it was the easiest thing to fight in, no jeans that start to slide off or shirts that creep up. This thing stayed in place and she very much liked that.

"Looking good." Bucky says with a smirk, looking at Sam's expression at his statement.

"Thanks, it's uh-.." she looks down. "Tighter than I remembered."