04

"Is it okay if we don't go to the rest yet?" Aileen asks and Steve nods. The farm had given her enough thoughts though she did not say there were memories.

Aileen holds the necklace in her hand and rubs it a little. It was in one of the closets, and it was as if she knew that it was hidden there. The door to her room was locked once again and she was happy to be alone.

"Should we go to a hotel?" He asks her and she nods. She did not want to stay at the farm, her heart beats harder at the thought. Something there was wrong.

Did she really live at that farm before joining the Avengers? Did she join the Avengers? It's what they call themselves. They were there to safe the world. But did they? Did they really? She had heard the news. They hadn't expect her to quietly open her door and walk towards the living room. They had maken a mess of wherever they had gone too. The woman who had magic couldn't safe the people in the building.

Tony and Steve were busy with their discussion about what now and certainly after they had been called for a meeting with someone important.

"She doesn't know."

"She's just as much in the fault." 

Aileen knew that they were talking about her, but she hadn't been to wherever they were talking about and she had made herself known. Shutting the two up instantly.

"You have the room right next to me. If there is something, just come over." Aileen nods and sighs as she enters the room. The thoughts swim through her head immediately. The farm did make something known but she did not know if the memories were good. She felt fear when she had been there. Something that she hadn't felt before.

Tony sets down breakfast before her and gives her a notebook. She frowns and looks up at him confused. He shrugs and nods his head towards Steve. "It was his idea."

"I thought that it would be a good idea to write down everything and every feeling that you remember. Maybe you can make sense of it in time." Aileen nods slowly and accepts the pen and notebook before eating the rest of her breakfast. "We have to go somewhere, will you be okay on your own?"

"I'm not an idiot." She replies and he looks at her with a frown. "I heard that something was wrong." He sighs and looks at Tony for help. "You can leave me out of it, I don't belong in this world. At least I think." This time it's Tony's turn to sigh. Aileen looks over to him and notices the irritation but he keeps his mouth shut. What was he not telling her? 

"It is okay if you feel that way, I-.."

"Stop that." Steve looks surprised at her attitude. This was the snappiest she had been ever since she came from the hospital. "It is okay for everyone to feel something. I feel annoyed that I don't remember anything. That I seem to belong here but I feel as if I don't." Just then one of the others walks into the kitchen and Aileen narrows her eyebrows. Who was she again?

"We don't know everything-.."

"No shit sherlock." She interrupts Tony and he raises an eyebrow but smiles. She did not know but she was becoming the Aileen that they had met years ago. "And I don't know anything it seems." She sighs and gets up, grabs her breakfast and turns to the door. "I'm going out later." She sees all three of them open their mouth. "Alone." Before shutting the door behind her loudly.

"I can't sleep." Aileen says as Steve opens the door. She looks past him and notices that he hadn't used his bed. He probably couldn't sleep either. He nods and lets her in the room. 

"Want to play a game?" He asks as he grabs a stack of cards from his duffelbag. That man was prepared for anything. She nods and he starts to shuffle the cards before giving her a few and holding a few in his own hands. He explains how the game works and she nods slightly.

Aileen had no intention of sharing the memories that the farm had brought back to her and certainly not the fact that they gave her a head ache. They were confusing and she didn't know who she was remembering there. 

"You're a natural." Steve says with a smile as she had beaten him once again and she frowns. She didn't know how she had, but it felt right to play this game. It felt familiar.

"Did we play this game? Before-.." He listens to what she is trying to say and he nods. "Often?" He smiles and nods once again.

"We'd play it after missions. You never could sleep after them and as I said, I had slept enough in my life." Aileen smiles at him and he had to say that he had missed that smile. The careless one. As if nothing could hurt her.

"So how many times did I beat you then?" She teases and he starts to laugh. That was the Aileen that he knew.