02

A knock on her door makes her sit upright. She had been awake for a few hours now. They didn't know that she wasn't able to sleep well. It must've been because she had been asleep for so long. Almost a month and a half, that's what she overheard.

She knew that the knock was coming. There was always one who came to fetch her. They'd unlock the door - why did they lock it? - and asked if she was coming or not.

"Aileen?" She frowns at the name. It doesn't ring a bell but they said that it was hers. "Are you coming?" There it was. She hums softly but loud enough for the man to hear. He patiently waits as she makes her way towards the door. Her hand lingers on the door knob, she could always say that she wasn't feeling well. But that would probably mean that all of them would come to her and start looking at any sign that she was going bad again.

"I'm here." She plants a smile on her face and closes the door behind her. It was the blond man. He was large and she couldn't seem to recall his name.

"Steve." He says as if he could read her mind and she narrows her eyes. She had asked it too many times.

"What is on the schedule for today?" Aileen asks and Steve looks towards her.

"I don't know. Tony must have something on his mind." The name doesn't ring a bell until she sees the man with the goatee. Right, Tony. It wasn't easy to remember all their names. Maybe she should write their names down with photos of them.

"Coffee?" Tony asks and she nods before sitting at the table. She does like coffee and the large machine behind him makes the best. It's what Tony seemed to boast about when he gave her her first cup when she came home. Home. It didn't feel like it. More like a prison.

"What's on the schedule today?" Aileen asks again but this time she looks at Tony. He looks over to the blond man - Steve, he just told her - and she notices the uncomfortable look.

"Some training." He just answers before making her breakfast. She hums that she heard before looking at her coffee intently. Training. She trained with Steve but she didn't understand why. He was a large man and he was even stronger than he looked.

Tony sets the plate down before her and she begins eating her breakfast. They did know what she liked. Toast with just a little bit of butter and sugar on top. A bowl of yoghurt and fresh fruit on the side.

"You should put on a scarf." Aileen looks up at the two men before her with a confused look.

"We're going outside." Aileen narrows her eyes and looks at them suspiciously.

"You said that we were going to do some training." Tony nods and looks at Steve for an explanation.

"Mind training is also training. I was hoping to jog some memories."

It wasn't the first time that she was going outside. She had been towards the crime scene. Aileen hadn't been the only one in the car that night but no one could really discover who was with her. They had carefully told her that the amount of blood could not mean any good and that the person had probably bled out. They didn't like Aileen's easy reaction of a shrug, but she didn't remember. She couldn't. She did not know if it was a person she held dear or maybe it was the person that made her feel like she had to flee.

Aileen nods before standing up and turning towards the door.

"I'll go-.."

"I can walk on my own just fine." She snaps before walking towards her room. The only time she had been alone was in her room when she said that she was tired or if it was night and they had locked the door. She was getting tired of it.

She glances around the room before seeing a perfectly folded scarf on her dresser and she narrows her eyes again. She could've sworn that it wasn't there when she went to go get breakfast.

"I'm ready." She mutters and the two men turn around to see her standing with a jacket, outdoor shoes and the scarf. A bright red scarf. They search her face and she rolls her eyes. "Are we going?" Steve quickly nods and grabs two thermos flasks for on the road. Probably filled with coffee. "Where are we going?" She asks him and he gives her a too perfect smile. One that he had worked on for her no doubt. They all had that perfect smile,  as if nothing was ever wrong.

"Home." He simply says and she raises an eyebrow before looking towards the newcomer in the kitchen right before the elevator doors close.