14

"We're not going to kill them right?" Aileen asks awkwardly and Tony turns to look at her with wide eyes.

"You think I'd kill them?" Aileen shrugs.

"I don't really know all of you well enough, but there seems to be a lot of fighting." Tony squats down in front of her and she looks up from her lap.

"You know all of us." He gestures towards Peter. "Now even him." A small smile plays on Aileen's lips. "Even if you don't know it. We're not going in for the kill, we're going to help them safe themselves from Ross' army." Aileen nods slowly. "And for us to do that, we have to take them in. And we need you." Aileen raises an eyebrow. "You're strong and fast, not Captain strong and fast but well enough." Aileen lets out a breathy laugh. "There will be people you don't remember-.."

"I read about all of you." A smirk plays on Tony's lips.

"You didn't think FRIDAY would tell me?" Aileen hums with a smile and nods before getting up. "You seem ready, let's go."

Steve - in full Captain America gear - runs up to the chopper but Tony shoots an electric device on it, taking the machine out. Both him and War Machine land in front of Steve.

"Wow, it's so weird how you run into people at the airport." Tony turns to Rhodes. "Don't you think that's weird?"

"Definitely weird."

"Hear me out, Tony." Steve tries. "That doctor, the psychiatrist, he's behind all of this." Suddenly T'challa in full cat costume appears and Aileen frowns as she tries to stay hidden. Tony had warned her about it turning into a fight and that they needed her then.

"Captain."

"Your Highness."

"Anyway... Ross gave me 36 hours to bring you in. That was 24 hours ago. Can you help a brother out?" Tony looks at Steve but Steve stands his ground.

"You're after the wrong guy."

"Your judgement is askew." Tony retorts. "Your old war buddy killed innocent people yesterday."

"And there are five more super soldiers just like him. I can't let the doctor find them first, Tony. I can't."

"Steve..." Steve turns around and Natasha walks up to him. He narrows his eyes. This probably felt like an ambush. "You know what's about to happen. Do you really wanna punch your way out of this one?"

"All right," Tony claps his hands. "I've run out of patience. Underoos!" Tony suddenly shouts and a web comes down on Steve's shield before it is being pulled up towards a Peter Parker in his new uniform.

"Nice job, kid."

"Thanks." Peter says and Aileen smiles at the sound, he was a nice guy. "I could have stuck the landing a little better, it's just... New suit. It's nothing, Mr Stark. It's perfect. Thank you."

"Yeah, we don't really need to start a conversation." Tony tells Peter and he adjusts his attention to Steve.

"Okay. Cap. Captain. Big fan. I'm Spider-Man."

"Yeah, we'll talk about it later."

Peter sighs and awkwardly waves at everyone. "Hey, everyone."

"Good job." Tony tells him and Steve smiles.

"You've been busy."

"And you've been a complete idiot. Dragging in Clint... Rescuing Wanda from a place she doesn't even want to leave, a safe place. I'm trying to keep.." Tony sighs. "I'm trying to keep you from tearing the Avengers apart."

"You did that when you signed." Steve accuses and Tony looks at him in disbelief.

"All right, we're done." Tony softly says before looking at Steve once again and raising his voice. "You're gonna turn Barnes over, you're gonna come with us, now, because it's us... or a squad of J-SOC guys... with no compunction about being impolite." Steve looks away and Tony lowers his voice again, almost a whisper. "Come on."

Steve raises his arms, which have the webfluid on them, and an arrow splits them apart. "All right, Lang."

"Hey, guys, something..." Peter says before grunting as someone in a weird costume flips himself away from the boy.

"Whoa." Rhodes mutters. "What the hell was that?"

"I believe this is yours, Captain America." The guy in the weird costume - Lang? - hands the shield back to Steve.

"Oh, great. All right, there's two on the parking deck. One of them's Maximoff, I'm gonna grab her. Rhodey, you wanna take Cap?"

"Got two in the terminal, Wilson and Barnes." Rhodes replies to Tony who takes off in his Ironman suit.

"Barnes is mine." T'Challa yells before running off. He grunts as Steve throws his shield at him.

"Hey, Mr Stark, what should I do?" The Spiderboy says and Aileen still waits on her cue. "Okay, copy that."

"Move, Captain." T'Challa demands but Steve stands before him. "I won't ask a second time."

"Tony?" Aileen softly asks.

"Not yet." He mutters before returning to his fight with Wanda.

"Look, I really don't want to hurt you." Aileen hears the weird costume guy say but Natasha shrugs.

"I wouldn't stress about it." She replies before placing her knee against his crown jewels, he quickly shrinks and she frowns. She zaps him off her wrist and he slams into a nearby truck, leaving a small dent.

"Tony?" Aileen softly asks as she looks around at everyone fighting.

"Little busy." He replies with a groan.

"I'm scared." Her voice a whisper as the red head with magic flies by her behind Tony. "I don't know what to do."

"Aileen," an arrow flies towards him and he deflects it, only to have a car crash on top of him before pile of cars comes down on him. "Need a little help." He coughs and Aileen's eyes widen as she runs towards him.

"Aileen?" She hears a confused voice behind her but she ignores it as she runs to the pile and starts to push them off of Tony. She didn't want anybody to get hurt.

Tony is out of the pile and both he and Aileen run towards Natasha, helping her up.

"Is this part of the plan?" She groans and Tony sighs.

"Well, my plan was to go easy on them. You wanna switch it up?" Aileen's eyes widen as she looks at the two, both wearing smirks.