05

Aileen liked the fresh air. It calmed her down and her mind was struggling to remember when the last time was that she walked through this park. She walked towards it with ease, as if she had done this daily before she lost her memory.

She sits down on a bench and grabs her bag. In it were her notebook, a few pens, a thermos but most importantly the necklace. She grabs it and leans back, placing her feet in front of her on the seat. A habit that she had noticed.

How was she able to remember where the necklace was, but not that there was a necklace? And what did the necklace mean? It was an old one and it felt safe. Familiar.

Tony and Steve had gone to that meeting and had not bothered her and that was exactly what she wanted. Either one of them had been by her side since she came from the hospital and she hated to be puppeteered. She was not a child, she didn't need constant attention.

Candles are lit to give some light to the room and Aileen sees the man sitting in the back of the room. He turns to her and his face is earily dark. "No." She hears herself say and he grimaces.

"We had a deal." He tells her and she feels herself frown.

"That deal was over when you betrayed me." She walks over to the cabinet and pours herself a glass of wine. Outside she hears the horses neighing but it is too dark to see what was going on.

"You think that you'd be here if I hadn't done that?"

"I didn't want this."

Aileen starts writing down what she saw and felt and her thoughts start to come quicker. She knew that she had to get to her bed. This had happened a week ago as well.

She stands up, making her dizzy and giving her a headache. She sits down but misses the bench and falls to the ground. She sees people rushing towards her but her thoughts start coming back.

"Will she make it?" Aileen hears a muffled sound. She feels cold. She wants to open her eyes but she can't.

"We have other people who probably will."

Hands touch her face and she sees one of the persons shouting to someone else. They were turning her on her side. Don't touch me, she wants to say but nothing leaves her mouth.

"You were great." Aileen looks to her side and sees Steve smiling at her. "Couldn't have done this without you." She feels herself starting to laugh and nods.

"Well, you did look like you could use the help."

Aileen sees a light shining in her left eye before the same light turns to her right eye. She wants to close her eyes but she can't, someone is holding them open. He looks right over her and yells something to the person in the front and she hears the siren of the ambulance over their heads.

"You can't think that I'd possibly let you go." She hears the man whisper in her ear as he has his arm wrapped around her neck. She feels fear as she sees a fire start in her barn.

"Ma'am." Aileen looks towards the man in a lab coat before her and her eyes widen.

"No no-.." She mutters and she sees woman walking in with a syringe.

"This will only hurt a little." Aileen wants to move away from where she is laying but sees that she is bound down to a table.

"No!" She yells as the woman walks towards her and more people walk in, holding her down and she starts to kick and scream. Somehow she got free - how could she? There were too many - and runs into the hallway.

"You can't win." A teasing smile comes from the man before her and she feels herself smile.

"I think that you're underestimating me." She says before grabbing the knife from her backpocket and starting to attack.

Aileen feels a sting in her neck. She turns around to see who did that but her eyes roll to the back of her head and she starts losing consciousness.