09

Papers and pictures and pens and notes were spread all across the room. After everyone went to bed, Aileen had asked FRIDAY if there was anyway she could get the files of everyone. Her's included, though she wouldn't force it. No, being in an Ambulance once was enough. She'd have to remember slowly. Maybe read a few lines.

But now she had the files of the team and known important associates. For Tony that was Pepper and Rhodes. Pepper was going to be his wife, a beautiful one at that. Rhodes was his best friend it seemed.

There was Wanda. The one with the magic. Her brother died on a mission a year before. They had volunteered to being a lab experiment. Aileen frowns her eyes as she looks at the picture of Pietro. Somewhere he was familiar but she couldn't place it. Maybe because he was on a mission with them?

Thor. The God of Thunder. They don't just do normal humans here, no they have to have God's. Her eyes narrow as she looks at Loki and Jane. His brother and Thor's girlfriend it seemed.

She had a feeling that there was something missing in Clint's file but she could not for the life of her put her finger on exactly what. One of his known associates is Natasha. The short red head. He was the one to make sure that she got a second chance. Aileen frowns. So why was she so adamant in signing the thing.

Tony hadn't been there last night and she could only imagine the argument that Steve and he had. She could see that Steve felt for Wanda and that Tony was being just practical in some ways. What was her connection to the two? Was she the one to start a discussion or was she the one to put out the flame?

Aileen looks at a file of someone she had not seen yet. Bruce Banner. She narrows her eyes at the nervous curly haired man on the picture. He couldn't be more different than his alter ego, Hulk. He became that alter ego when he got really angry. I'm always angry. She narrows her eyes at the voice and places it with Bruce. It must be. Who else would say those words?

The files did not make much sense but she saved the ones about the battles she was in and her own file for last. Better to have a face with whoever was fighting with or maybe against her.

To her right was one of the files she slightly dreaded. Steve. He had been nothing but nice to her and it somehow felt snooping if she went through his and after that Sam's file. But they would understand. Right?

She opens the paper bundle and grabs the pen from between her teeth and writes down the word 'old'. That would have to explain it to her. The strange words he sometimes used and the fact that he was just as clueless as her about certain electric devices. He tried to enlist in the army several times but was declined. She reads further and a lot of things coincide with what he had told her. She reads about friends and experiences and smiles slightly. It must be really cool to have those different worlds set open for you, though he would probably beg to differ.

Sam, Natasha and Aileen's name are mentioned and she narrows her eyes. This was a first. She hadn't come across her own name yet and maybe they had wanted it that way. Was she closer to Steve? She felt like she wasn't even though he was the one to help her and show her around. But they all still scared her, how they still pretended for her to be hurt animal. As if she couldn't handle anything. No, they did not scare her exactly. They made her scared of herself. What she may be capable of.

Her eyes linger over towards her own dossier and she frowns. Was it a good idea to read it? To know what she should be scared of? Or others? So she could protect them from herself? She shakes her head. First Sam.

His dossier was thin and she opens it gently while putting the pen between her teeth once again. He had joined from the mission that he, Steve, Natasha and apparently Aileen had done. There wasn't much. A few family members, army vet, still trying to do a PTSD group. Maybe that was why he was so easy to talk to?

She scribbles all her thoughts down and looks over to the file of her missions and the one next to it about her. She would have to read about herself before she read about the missions. Right?

All the reading about others kept her mind of the letter and that was exactly what she wanted. It made her loose time and she freezes as she hears the knock on her door.