𝟖. 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐫

"You'll get paid thrice the amount just for a single two minute scene..." The director conversed as he sipped on his wine.

"I've told you before that I don't feel comfortable with nudity." Jane answered with firm eyes.

"This is an international project, not a low budget rom-com. You're new in the industry so I get it that you understand the tactics that well. You'll learn the ways. Why don't we enjoy the dinner and just talk about your day." He replied while picking up the fork and knife.

"Why can't we just create fake body parts like every other sex scene?" She raised the question.

"The producers will only pay for your real body on the screen." He emphasized every word. "Besides it's just a shot of your upper body. That shouldn't be a problem. You're acting like I'm actually asking you to have sex on screen."

"Are you even hearing yourself say this? Are these words that normal for you?" She raised her eyebrows with the corners of her lips turnt downwards.

"Yes. They are pretty normal." He agreed with a casual nod. "All the actresses I've worked with have done it to get where they are today. Do you really think fame has anything to do with talent? If it had to, you'd never be casted in one of my movies at least. You're a brand, Jane. A brand we're selling for the people to feast their eyes on." He bluntly explained leaving her speechless.

"What if I don't want to do the scene?" She managed to utter.

"Then we terminate your contract. It's written in there." He answered.
"The media already knows you're starring in the movie and if something like this comes up, inevitably a number of rumors and controversies will start birthing. You really don't want to ruin your image at the start of your actual career." He explained with brutal honesty.

"I seriously have nothing personal against you. It's just how the way things are. And being quite honest if there were any other director than me, he might've tsken advantage of you in every possible way. You're lucky I'm not interested in women."

"I understand." She gulped the lump in her throat trying to soak in the tears forming in her eyeballs while focusing on her plate.

"Look Jane, the industry is like the game of jenga and your career, the building blocks. If you accidentally pull out the wrong piece your whole career will be in ruins just like that."

"You have a month to think about it. Whatever you want to do, the ball is in your court."

"Can you excuse me for a bit? I'll be just back from the restroom." She excused herself and left while trying to keep a straight face.

She wanted to run as fast as she could but she thought the people around her would probably give her stares so she walked normally with the palms of her hands itching and the lump in her throat almost giving up on her.

She opened the ladies' bathroom door and looked around the stalls to make sure no one was around.

And in the next second, she held onto one of the sinks and looked at herself with all the flattering makeup and the pretty dress that was meant to draw attention to her curves.

She looked so pretty that for almost a moment she didn't want to break into tears. She liked what she saw in the mirror but at the same time she did not wish to be only liked for what she was in the mirror.