𝟕. 𝐌𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐆𝐢𝐫𝐥

Jane shifted in her seat uncomfortably as she looked at Dyanne who had a poker face. The table was filled with middle-aged men who were there to have a meeting with the girl but they were sitting in a restaurant that made things less awkward.

"What we've decided after much contemplation and thought......" One of the men started.

"We want to boost your image. You're going to be the number one actress from now. We've already gotten you a couple of endorsements from chanel to coca cola. We want to create your image that will force people to accept you as the main girl. But it's completely different from what you're doing right now."

"We're going to do a complete 180 degrees. You're image was you know of a pure and sweet girl before. Now we want to see a more mature side of you. You need to be bold in everything you do. No one is going to care if you're good at acting unless you have a stable fan base." The other man explained.

"Yes I understand all of that but what's in it for us? We need at least two contracts for her. From the big directors." Dyanne replied as Jane listened to all of them silently.

"It's all done. You'll be starting a new project very soon. All the paperwork has been done, you just need to meet the director in person." The man answered.

▪︎♡▪︎

"Hmm....so you're saying that you feel gravitated towards her without knowing why?" The therapist wrote down as Jay layed down on the sofa.

"Yes that's literally what I just said. I think I like her but not really. I don't know." Jay explained.

"Why do you like her?" The therapist asked while looking up at him.

"That's a tricky question....I just think she's pretty and has a nice personality." The boy answered.

"But you just said you barely know her." The therapist questioned.

"Well yeah sort of. I mean we've spent some time together, alone. And I personally think you don't have to put much thought if you like someone. If you like them you like them." Jay explained.

"You should continue liking her because I think you're making some progress here." The therapist gave him an assuring smile that made him smile as well.

"I think I've gone crazy." Jay spoke to himself while sighing.

▪︎♡▪︎

"Hey hey she's here." Yeonjun repeatedly tapped on Jay's shoulder and he pulled out the cigarette from his mouth to squish it's end on the table and threw it away in one of the plants in the outdoor sitting

"Good afternoon Mr. Jay." Dyanne greeted him with a sarcastic smile.

"Good afternoon." Jane bowed while sitting down.

"You know I'm here too?" Yeonjun looked at Dyanne with squinted eyes.

"Jane, do you hear something? I thought someone just said something." Dyanne looked around while Yeonjun pursed his lips.

"Thank you for coming. I really appreciate it." Jay smiled and Yeonjun slapped his forehead.

"Why are you acting as if we're meeting for the first time?" Yeonjun rounded his lips. "Be chill. We're all the same age. We're technically friends."

"You are so obviously inferior to me." Dyanne commented.

"Did you guys here something?" Yeonjun mimicked her actions from before and the other two ended up in laughter.

"Are you guys ready to order?" Jay asked while picking up the menu book.

"Who's paying?" Dyanne asked instantly and Jane elbowed her.
"What? Do you know how expensive everything is these days?"

"Don't worry about the bill." Jay assured and Dyanne's eyes expanded into invisible hearts.

"Have I ever mentioned that you're the coolest guy to exist?" Dyanne replied while scanning her through the menu items.

"Dy just order anything for me. I'll be back from the restroom." Jane whispered near the girl's ear and she nodded in response.

Jay noticed her every move as she got up and waited for her to disappear towards the restrooms.

"Dyanne, can I ask you a favor?" Jay asked out of the blue.

"Huh? A favor from me?? I can do anything but money. I don't earn that much you see." The girl replied making Jay chuckle in laughter.

"Do you think I'm good enough for Jane?" He asked straightforwardly and the girl blinked her eyes trying to process what he just said.

"Are you being serious right now? I didn't get the point of the joke....."She looked at him her with mouth agape.

"I'm serious. And I need your help." He stated with unwavering eyes.

"Your asking me to be your wing woman?" Dyanne raised an eyebrow and he hummed in response.

"I could pay you too if that's what you need." He offered.

"No. I'd never sell Jane for anything. I'll only help you because I want to." She replied with firm eyes.

"Aw. That's so cute." Yeonjun commented while pretending to be uninterested in the conversation.

"So is this a deal?" Jay inquired.

"Wait. I have one condition." Dyanne proposed and he waited for her to continue. "You're going to pay for my meals until you and Jane are together."

"Done." He accepted with zero hesitance.

"What's done?" Jane questioned when she came back to the table.

"We're done deciding what we're gonna order." Dyanne replied instantly.
Years in the business field made her a master in the art of lying without actually having to think much.

"Great. What are we getting?" Jane asked as she sat down.

"We're waiting for the waiter to get here." Yeonjun replied.

"Jay decided to get you garlic bread as a side." Dyanne told Jane who looked at Jay with confused eyes.

"I did?" Jay whispered to himself with wide eyes.

"That's....nice. I love garlic bread." She looked at the boy with an unreadable expression.

"She's not being sarcastic. She actually loves it. That's what I just told you a second ago." Dyanne tried to cover up.

"Yeah..." Jay fake laughed and Yeonjun slapped his forehead at his hopeless friend.

_____________________________________