𝟐. 𝐒𝐮𝐠𝐚𝐫 𝐜𝐚𝐧 𝐤𝐢𝐥𝐥

"It's such a pleasure to meet you, sir." Jane bowed repeatedly while shaking the man's hand carefully.

"As I said on our first meeting, you have the face of a perfect actress. I hope you have the guts to become the perfect actress too." Mr. Jae replied with a serious face that made Jane look at Dyanne.

"Don't feel pressurized. I'm here to help you become that. I can't let potential talent go to waste." He continued with a smile making the muscles of her neck loosen up a bit as she smiled in response.

"Have you read the script?" The man inquired as they sat down in front of each other.

"Yes sir. Three times already." Jane nodded her head vigorously.

"Please call me Jae. We're going to work together for a long time so feel comfortable." He replied nonchalantly as he looked at the script and the girl stretched her lips awkwardly.

"Isn't that your son's name?" Dyanne laughed and Jane glared at the girl who tried to contain her smile.

"Oh, you know my son?" Mr. Jae looked up at them.

"I think everyone does. At least the young people I suppose." Dyanne replied.

"He's just doing what he wants and I'm letting him be. He'll understand true artistry one day." The man brushed off and fixed his glasses while going back to the script.

"I think he's doing quite well. He inspires a lot of young people who listen to his music." Jane replied and now Dyanne was the one who glared at her.

"Of course he does. I'm his dad I need to be hard on him sometimes." The man laughed in response and Dyanne did too to kill off the awkwardness.

"Since you've read the script three times I suppose you're aware that the themes of this film are highly mature."

Jane took some seconds to make up her mind for one last time and nodded while tightening her lips.

"I've only seen you act in cute and cringe dramas so I want to see how you're going to embody this character. Start to rehearse Demi's character in your daily life. Think like her and act like her."

Jane nodded once again feeling her palms all sweaty. Could she really play such a big role at her level?

"Hey, old man! What's going on?" Someone entered inside the room casually earning everyone's attention.

"Seokjin!" Mr. Jae greeted him with a huge smile.

"Don't worry I've known him for a long time so I'm allowed to call him that." Seokjin explained to Jane while pretending to whisper and she awkwardly laughed in response.

"Anyways, I don't think we need any introduction. I mean...I'm the number one actor in this industry." He chuckled to himself while sitting down beside Mr. Jae.

"Nice to meet you, sir. I'm Kang Jane." She introduced herself with a slight bow. "And this is my secretary, Dyanne."

"Come on Jane drop the formalities. Feel comfortable. It's your first time working with Jae but I'm sure you'll feel at home. We're all colleagues here. You're my co-star and we stand at the same place now." Seokjin help her ease with a smile.

"I think we should discuss the script for now..." Mr. Jae started and Dyanne let out an involuntary yawn.

"Uh don't mind me. I'll just go outside for a bit. Is there a café nearby?" She inquired.