𝟓. 𝐒𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐤 𝐨𝐟 𝐋𝐢𝐟𝐞

"Is everything alright?" Yeonjun stared at Jay standing on the other side of the kitchen counter.

"Huh? Yeah everything's alright. What do you mean?" The boy replied with a slight snort.

"You've been grinning all day....." Yeonjun squinted his eyes at him suspiciously.

"What? Can't I be happy?" Jay shrugged taking a huge knife from the stand.

"....and you haven't smoked a single cigarette all day." He finished with an intense gaze towards his bestfriend.

"I'm trying to be healthy. You know that new vibe I was looking for.... I've found it finally. I've realised that the first part of writing a love song is to be in love." Jay replied while cutting up the vegetables swiftly.

"Who's the girl? Is it someone I know? Someone back from high school or did you meet someone new?" Yeonjun bombarded him with questions without taking a breath.

"Jane." The boy replied simply since he was always straightforward with his feelings.

"Wait- you're kidding right?" Yeonjun furrowed his eyebrows.

"What, you're not happy?" His face dropped in a second.

"No no, I meant to say that you don't like famous people....and especially actresses." His bestfriend answered while thinking of something.

"She's an exception. I don't know she seems like a nice person." Jay replied while smiling to himself.

"That's what actresses do. They always pretend to be something they're not." Yeonjun sighed while picking up an apple from the counter.

"I just realised I don't really know anything about Jane. She barely ever talks....how did you even fall in love with her? He questioned while taking a bite of the juicy sour green apple.

"I don't think I fell in love with her.....I fell in love with the idea of her. Of how I imagine her to be." Jay answered.

"Woah Woah Romeo, slow down." Yeonjun laughed sarcastically.

"What about you? Have you liked anyone yet?" The boy questioned back taking him by surprise.

"No.....I don't think so. I've honestly never found someone at my level and I don't think I ever will." He answered honestly.

"Well, I think someone is at your level." Jay laughed confusing him but he parted his lips in a silent gasp after realising what he meant.

"Are you out of your mind? I literally hate Dyanne. She's the most annoying person I've ever met." He denied it without a second thought.

"Well, she's certainly at your level yes." Jay teased him further with a slight chuckle.

"Okay jokes aside. How are you going to confess to Jane?" Yeonjun raised the most important question.

"I haven't thought about that. I'm not sure if I will but I'll think about it in the future if things work out."

Yeonjun slapped his forehead at his bestfriend's words and let out a frustrated sigh.

▪︎♡▪︎

"Have you seen Jane?" Jay inquired from the staff but no one seemed to know.

"Come on people she's the lead actress why doesn't anyone know where she is?" She sighed out of frustration while checking all the rooms on set.