Chapter 10. The Formula

The turtles trained and spared up until it was about time to embark on their mission. Before they took off, they kneeled before Master Splinter, bowing their heads. 

     "You must discover anything you can of what Shredder is planning," Splinter says.

     "We don't even know what to look for though," Raph says, rolling his eyes. "It's Shredder. He could be planning anything."

     "Whatever it is, it is much more dangerous than anything he has ever attempted."

     "How do you know that?" Donnie asks.

     "Carrie's father worked dangerously. Whatever Shredder is after could give him an advantage against us and the city."

     Leonardo stands. "This is a stealth-only mission. We'll find whatever it is Shredder has been hiding."

     The three brothers rise and exit the dojo, leaving their leader and their Sensei.

     "You mustn't tell Carrie what you discover," Master Splinter says.

     Leo hated the idea of keeping this information from her. She trusted him enough to tell him - and Splinter - about her nightmares. All of this has to do with her and her father after all. But he also knew the less information she knew, the better off she'd be. He also toyed with the idea that the more she knew, the safer she'd be. If her nightmares were visions, the only way for her to prevent those situations is to know what is going on.

     Leonardo bows his head. "Hai, Sensei."

     Master Splinter excused his son. Although he never showed it to his sons, Splinter was fearful. He feared that whatever it was Noah had been working on with Saki all those years ago was quickly flooding back.

     Leonardo rejoined with his team, who had already begun their journey through the sewers and up into the bustling night of New York City.

     "Alright." Raphael cracks his knuckles. "Let's get this over with."

     "Let's hope it's that easy," Donnie says.

     The brothers take off towards Shredder's lair. None of them know what to expect, or if there is anything to expect. None of them knew for certain if they'd even be able to get their hands on any information that could explain Carrie and her father's situation.

     The turtles funneled through a broken glass entryway on the roof of Shredder's lair. Usually, when they performed these recon missions no one could be spotted inside the throne room. This time, however, Shredder was there, sitting atop his stone throne, accompanied by his mutant mercenaries, Karai, some Foot Soldiers, and a Kraang droid kneeling before the Master.

     "Is it just me or does this seem oddly... odd?" Mikey whispers.

     Leonardo nods. "Just keep quiet and stay low."

     A few moments later, the Kraang projected a giant holographic screen before Shredder. Fortunately, the turtles had a wonderful view of the screen. Unfortunately, the person on the screen was Doctor Colonley. The Doctor's appearance was disheveled. He looked completely exhausted with his hair a mess and his clothes dirty. It was fairly obvious Shredder's Foot soldiers had not been kind.

     "Well this is convenient," Raph whispers. "This might just be the easiest recon mission we've ever done."

     "Let's not get ahead of ourselves," Donnie says.

     "Doctor," the Shredder begins, "I see you have made it safely to Japan."

     "Hardly," Noah grumbles.