Thomas Pov

I feel angry inside but calm outside to hear that Evelyn has been spending some time reading books to a random man who just helped her. I feel Jealous and angry, looking down to the hold of my hand, the necklace of Evelyn. It was pure diamond.

I pulled it out from her necklace without her knowing, she seemed to be out of her thoughts so I got the chance and pulled this diamond from her neck. I need to find who is this man who helped her, snapping my finger and my men stood infront of me "Yes, your Majesty?" He asked.

Caressing the diamond before looking up to them "Find the man who saved Evelyn, she says that she was lost in the aramoor forest. Look for every noble houses nearby" I said coldly, they all nodded before bowing down "Yes, Your Majesty" They replied before leaving my room.

Looking down to the necklace before clenching them which is not breaking, a real diamond. "Never go near to my wife again" I whispered to it before putting it on the cabinet and standing up from my chair then walking out, leaving my room to go to my office.

I need answers, walking inside my office and looking for my papers before reading them carefully one by one, letters and every mails from other kingdom invited us to go to a ball and others about how they want their daughter to be my 2nd wife. Stupid invitations, throwing them in the fire before reading another letter with my quick eyes.

Evelyn's Pov

I walked downstairs and entered the kitchen, servants around recognized me as they quickly bowed down "Your Majesty, what are you doing here?" One of them asked, I stepped inside and looked around "I'm looking for Maya, do you know where is she?" I asked.

They looked at each other before answering "I last saw her serving food upstairs" she said, I gasped and held my back. I need to go upstairs again to find her, nodding my head before giving them a small smile "Thank you" I replied before walking out the kitchen.

I kept walking upstairs tiredly then down the halls while looking around, I finally saw Maya walking out of a random room with an empty tray in her hand. I walked quickly towards her and she seemed shock to see me here but she quickly hid it as she bowed down to me and started to walk away.

I frowned my brows, walking infront of her and stopping her from leaving "Maya, what's wrong with you? If there is anything that bothers you then tell me" I said with a worried voice, Maya furrowed her brows "Nothing is wrong, Your Majesty" She replied.

She finally spoke to me, I scoffed in unbelief "and now you are calling me formally, not like you used to call me before" I said, Maya looked up to me "Because you are my Queen" She replied, I sighed and crossed my arms "Enough of this, Maya. What's wrong?" I asked.

Maya refused and start to walk away, stopping her again "What's wrong with you, did i do something wrong?" I asked worriedly, she shook her head "You did not, Your Majesty" She said and I am getting curious of what's happening here before I left. I pulled her in to a random room so she can comfortable speak it up.

"Tell me now, we are alone" I said calmly, Maya looked down while holding the tray tighter "I am not allowed to talk to you" She replied lowly, I furrowed my brows "of course you are, You are the Queen's friend" I replied, Maya shook her head "I am just not allowed to" She said.

I furrowed my brows and helped her sit back down on the chair, Looking up to her "Did he hurt you?" I asked, Maya looked back at me "w-what?". I asked again "Did Thomas hurt you and told you to stop talking to me?" I asked, Maya looked at me in wide eyes.

I knew Thomas was behind it, holding her hand while looking at her "whatever it is, you are my friend and you are a human too. I wouldn't allow him to hurt you again, please tell me what you want to tell me" I said while looking into her eyes, Maya was hesitates for a second and when she was about to reply we heard a scream outside the halls "Evelyn!!" I furrowed my brows and looked at Maya, before we stood up and rushed to the voice.