20: everyone knows

Amanda

No one had seen or heard of Brian since his secret came out last week. He hadn't been at school in three days. And I didn't even see him on his porch. I couldn't help but feel guilty but I still didn't understand who spread the secret in the first place.

I was currently chilling at Christine's house with Ethan and Sammy. I explained to them the whole story, after all, there was nothing left to hide.

"I can't believe Brian Mckenzie told you he was a virgin."

I lay on Christine's bed, my eyes to the ceiling.

"Well, believe it."

Ethan was stood up, fiddling with things on Christine's desk.

Sam was lay on his stomach on the floor, as he played on his phone.

"I mean seriously? " Ethan continued. "Brian Bieber hasn't lost his v-card? This is too much of a shock."

Christine slapped his hand. "Would you shut up?"

"What?"

I smirked.

Christine shrugged. "It's really not that big of a deal."

Sam twisted his lips as he looked at his brother. "Maybe your reaction is the reason he couldn't tell anyone. Plus, since when was it a thing to tell people when we'd lost our virginity? Why can't we just keep it to ourselves?"

We all looked at each other in silence for a few moments.

I sat myself up. "Sam's right. It's a private thing...who cares what other people think."

"Brian, obviously," Ethan said. "Brian Mckenzie was like the God of our school. Everyone loved him, and now they're making fun of him. Seems like sex matters."

"To some people" Christine spoke. "Amanda knew Brian's secret this whole time and she didn't tell anyone."

"How did you do that by the way?"

I shrugged. "When we became friends I didn't care about it. I just wanted to be there for him."

They all looked at me sympathetically.

"And now, the secret's out, and he hates me." I lay back down.

"He doesn't hate you, Amanda."

"Are you sure you didn't tell anyone?"

"Yes. I mean I told my friend Cailey, but she lives back home, in my old town."

My friends looked at me with wide eyes.

"What?"

Christine walked over to me.

"Was this over text or call?"

"Text. W-why?"

"You have a little sister, right?"

"Yes. Why do you ask?"

"Secrets over texts are forbidden at East Bridge. I hate to break it to you but I think your sister was involved in a revenge plan with the school barbie."

"Jessica Taylor?"

"Mhmm" Christine nodded.

Ethan sighed. "God, she's evil."

"You're saying that Jessica spoke to my sister? Just to get back at Brian?"

"Not necessarily Jessica herself." Sam said.

"Nicole has a younger relative who goes to the same school as your sister." Christine explained.

"But...Lily wouldn't do that to me."

a + bOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara