After Niall and Zayn finished their meals, they bid their goodbyes and each went to their respective common rooms. Before Niall could get to his, though, he spotted Harry down the hallway staring at him up and down, waiting for him.

- C'mon, Horan. We're going to my room - Harry said as soon as Niall passed by him, but, to his surprise, Niall kept walking forward. - I said we're going to my room! - Harry said without any patience, grabbing Niall's arm and making him stop.

- I heard you the first time - Niall said, pulling his arm away from Harry and continuing to walk. He was so fucking angry at Harry right now.

- What are you doing? - Harry asked, actually confused. He knew putting his name in would make his boyfriend angry, but Niall still owed him for what he did.

- What does it look like I'm doing, Harry? - Niall said, harshly, not looking back at Harry, who walked behind him.

- So we're doing this now - Harry stopped walking, crossing his arms in his chest. Niall stopped too and looked back at him.

- You put your name in, Harry! What did you expect?! - Niall said, actual hurt in his voice, making it crack up a bit.

- Did you forget what you did to me? - Harry said, sounding hurt too.

- Of course I didn't, how could I? You've been holding onto it for months now, Harry - Niall says, raising up his voice and cleaning up a tear that slipped from his eye. - But I'm done now. You know how sorry I feel. The fucking stupid plan was never meant to hurt you and you fucking know it.

- But it did, Niall. It hurt me - there it was, Harry was calling him Niall again, which is never good.

They were both on the verge of tears at this point, still in the middle of the empty hallway.

- Well, I can't take it back, can I? - Niall said, incredulously, lowering his tone. - And you refuse to listen to me because I happen to have fucked other people because of that stupid plan! When you know damn well that what we have doesn't even compare to some fucking one nightstands that happened an eternity ago.

- You also know very well that that's not all that I'm mad about! - Harry rose his tone, feeling angrier. - You got with me just to impress your fucking parents, how is that supposed to make me feel?

- Yeah, Harry, that makes so much sense! - Niall said, ironically, getting angrier too. - I've been waiting two months for you to talk to me, doing everything you asked me to, missing classes, practices, study groups, and literally everything possible to be with you just because my parents really like you! - Niall laughed sarcastically, getting more agitated and walking closer to Harry. - All of this is because a plan I made when I was like 14. Not because I fucking love you or anything like that.

They were both silent after that, staring into each other's eyes, watching the other silently cry. They had more to say, they just didn't know how to.

Niall took a big breath, cleaning his tears with his sleeves and staring at Harry again.

- I'm sorry, Harry. Actually, no, scratch that. I'm really fucking sorry, Harry - Niall said honestly, in a much lower and calmer tone, almost crying again but holding it in. - You're right. I had a motive. I had a huge fucking crush on you, but if it wasn't because of the plan I would have never bought you that dumb broom and we wouldn't be here. And I'm sorry that that's the fucking truth! I wish it wasn't. But I wouldn't take it back, because it got us together - Niall sniffed, still trying his best not to cry. Meanwhile, Harry was crying harder and harder in front of him, his beautiful green eyes getting swollen and redder by the second. - And about me fucking around, it already fucking happened and I can't change it. And if I could, I don't know if I would. We weren't together, in fact, we had no perspective of getting together at that point because I was pretty sure you didn't like me like that, since you didn't invite me to the Yule.

Niall took a moment to breathe while Harry tried to compose himself in front of him. The Slytherin didn't like how this talk was going, specially because it was all fucking true.

- I... I... I... - Harry tried talking, but he couldn't form any sentences.

- Don't forget, Harry. The moment you kissed me and said that I was yours and yours only, I was never again someone else's - Niall walked one step closer to Harry, holding his chin and looking in his eyes. They were very close now. - But still, I didn't wait for you. I'm sorry - Niall said honestly, letting a couple tears escape his eyes.

Using his thumbs, Niall cleaned the Slytherin's face as best as he could. They were both staring at each other more calmly now, their breaths intertwining.

- I love you, Horan - Harry said, finally, missing telling him what they both knew. A small smile formed on his face.

- I love you too, Harry. So much - Niall said honestly, but he didn't smile back. Instead, he let go of Harry and took one step back. - And thank you for hearing me. Really - Niall said in a sad tone, as if it was all about to fall apart again.

And it was.

- What is it? - Harry looked at him, worried, his gut telling him that this fight wouldn't just end like this, with "I love you's".

- You put your name in the Goblet, Harry - Niall said, almost whispered actually, looking directly at Harry's eyes. - You knew this would hurt me.

- Niall... - Harry said, anxious. - Can we please let this go? I'm probably not even getting picked...

- I know I hurt you too - Niall said slowly, really thinking about his next words. - But I didn't mean to. You did it knowing it would hurt me. You looked directly at me when you did it, Harry!

- I'm sorry, I promise. I was angry... - Harry walked closer to Niall, but he backed out again. - Please?

- I forgive you - Niall said honestly, but still didn't smile. - But we're both hurt. And I think the best for us is to take some time apart to heal.

*****
Author's note:

im so sorry this chapter is so sad, i want to cryyyyy!!
i dont think any of us expected them to break uo like this yet here we are :(

im sad this is happening but it had to happen and i actually really love this chapter!!
i think its beautiful :')

hope u guys enjoyed it and dont be mad at meeee

luv u byee