18

- Hufflepuff won the Inter-House Quidditch Cup this year - Niall said, a little shyly, seated in the dinning table with his parents.

- Congratulations, son - Bobby, his fater, said, without taking his eyes of the newspaper he held.

- Good for you, baby - Maura, his mom, added, smiling weakily to her son.

- Also, I got perfect scores again. In all my classes. I'm on the top 5 students of my year - Niall continued, staring as his parents that were too busy doing anything to look at him.

- Of course you did, you're your father's son, afterall - Maura said as she served her plate with food, and Bobby nodded behind his paper.

Niall sighed, frustrated. No matter what he said or did, nothing seemed to get their attention.

Maybe his news would change that.

- Dad, mom, can I please have your attention? - Niall said, standing up.

- You had our attention before, son - Bobby said, putting down his newspaper and folding it. - But go ahead.

- I have something to tell you - Niall said, he was shaking with excitement or anxiety, maybe even both.

- Well... we're waiting - Maura said after a while, looking carefully at her son.

- I have a boyfriend. I invited him to come and stay a week with us and he's arriving later today - Niall finally spilled, all it one breath, his heart beating anxiously inside his chest.

- Why are we just now hearing about this? - Maura questioned, confused, but not judging him.

- What's his name? Do we know his family? How old is he? - Bobby started questioning, with wide eyes.

- You probably haven't heard of him, dad. But I promise, you guys are going to adore him - Niall said, a pleading tone in his voice. - Just, please, be gentle, okay? Don't scare him off. I really like him.

- Of course we'll be gentle, right Bobby? - Maura poked her husband shoulder, smiling. Bobby just nodded.

*****

- You're impossible, Harry! - Maura laughed again, putting her tea down at the table. - I can vividly remember when me and Bobby would prank our roommates back when we were in Slytherin too.

- That's how Maura stole my heart, actually - Bobby said, smiling, patting Harry's shoulder. - That and when she won the Triwizard Cup and blinked at me - Bobby smiled wider, replaying the moment in his head.

- You won the Triwizard Cup, Mrs. Horan? Stop it! - Harry said excitedly, putting his now empty cup of tea down.

- I sure did - Maura answered proudly. - It was the third best moment of my life, after having Niall and Greg, of course - Maura kissed Niall's cheek, that was red from embarrassment, and smiled.

- The Triwizard Cup's happening next year at Hogwarts, isn't it my love? - Bobby asked Maura and she nodded happily. - We always wanted Niall to participate, but he claims to have no interest in it. Greg tried, but wasn't selected.

- Tell me you're going to do it - Maura asked Harry, ecstatic.

- I've always wanted to, it's a dream of mine, Mrs. Horan - Harry smiled and Maura pulled him by the arm and hugged him.

- And you're what we always dreamt for our son, isn't he, Bobby? - Maura broke their hug, staring fondly at her son's boyfriend. - And please, call me Maura.

- It's been a pleasure to meet you - Bobby nodded at the boy behind Maura's shoulder, the smile never leaving his face. - Please, make yourself at home.

- Thank you, Bobby - Harry said, holding Niall's hand.

Niall stood up to go to his room with Harry when Maura stopped him.

- Please, wait for Niall upstairs. We're just stealing him for a second - Maura said happily, and Harry nodded, going up the stairs and leaving the three alone. - You were right, honey, we adore him.

- Can't believe you're dating a Slytherin, son. He's a gentleman! - Bobby said, excitedly.

- I'm happy you guys approve. I really love him, you know - Niall said, in a shy tone, and Maura pulled him and Bobby for a triple hug, feeling emotional.

- Our baby has really grown up - Maura said, almost crying.

- We're really proud of you, Niall - Bobby said, messing with his son's hair, huge smile on his face.

- You're everything we could ever dream, my love - Maura completed, hugging them tightly, letting a tear escape her eyes.

Niall was shocked. His plan actually worked.

For the first time in his life he felt like his parents validated him. And, to top it all off, the boy he loved was waiting for him is his room.

Everything was perfect right now.

*****
Author's note:

the plan worked!!!
the change is nialls parents almost made me tear up writing :')

i am feeling veeery inspired today so ill try and write more chapters and have them ready to post!

also, i just put out a new book - narry cinematic one-shots - and if you haven't already please check it out, i know you will enjoy it!

thats it
luv u byeee